UMDNJ-MS Biomedical Sciences 2014-2015?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuro85

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to this program for Fall 2014 or planning on doing so? Also, can anyone who has completed or currently in the program please shed some light on it. I am thinking about applying but would like to gather more information. I have read through the forums and spoken (via sdn message) to others who have attended this program and Robert Wood Johnson but I would like to get as much perspectives as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone applied to this program for Fall 2014 or planning on doing so? Also, can anyone who has completed or currently in the program please shed some light on it. I am thinking about applying but would like to gather more information. I have read through the forums and spoken (via sdn message) to others who have attended this program and Robert Wood Johnson but I would like to get as much perspectives as possible.
Firstly - UMDNJ doesnt exist anymore, and hasn't for almost a year now. Its all Rutgers

OP- if you're talking Newark or Piscataway/New Brunswick you mean Rutgers, the one in Stratford is now Rowan. I've applied to all three.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you @cometstarg and @robflanker for the correction. I remembered reading somewhere about the change sometime last summer just forgot. I am likely going to apply to Newark @cometstarg do you have any info on success rate for getting into medical school? I have heard mixed reviews.

Thank you @cometstarg and @robflanker for the correction. I remembered reading somewhere about the change sometime last summer just forgot. I am likely going to apply to Newark @cometstarg do you have any info on success rate for getting into medical school? I have heard mixed reviews.
There is always 10 or so GBS kids in each NJMS class. So I think its pretty good.

Frankly, some people in the GBS program shouldn't be in med school - so if you only count the halfway decent applicants then I think the GBS success rate is pretty solid.

I applied to newark. They said they would start reviewing applications at the end of the month when i called.

Has anyone heard anything about Rowan/Stratford sending responses or when they'll be reviewing applications?