Umdnj-njds Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentPursuer88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if this school is worth going to since it's one of my choices, What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey has some Ethical misconduct issue. A lot of students were caught cheating, for example, a few students pay their classmates to take their clinical exams for them. I am not sure the details but it’s pretty embarrassing for the school. Also recently, there is a report saying that an associate dean of the school fixed grades to allow students who could have been kicked out of medical school to eventually become doctors.

http://media.www.bgnews.com/media/s...eaks.New.Jersey.Students.Grades-2994839.shtml

wow that insane....but that shouldn't let a person stop going to that university, from what i hear, it offers a lot of education. To be honest, you will always find hypocrites through out the world no matter where you go, at the end it's all about the individual who makes the decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it's your only choice then go. If not then choose somewhere else. New Jersey is the most corrupted state in the country top to bottom. When you live, breath, eat, associate, surrounded with corrupted, unethical people for years. it's hard not to let it get to you.

really? So you don't think great dentists come out from NJ?

No! Not really...I just woke up this morning and made it all up.

You asked and we gave you our opinion. But you don't like the answer and wants us to simply agree with you, then I'm okay with it too. I think it's an awesome school with an awesome reputation!

lol. Ok. fair enough. I guess we can never judge until we actually give it a shot so we'll see.

lol...well..we'll just have to see...i heard temple was a great school too.

lol...well..we'll just have to see...i heard temple was a great school too.

When I went to Temple I was a PA resident, but there were an awful lot of NJ residents who commuted to Temple all of whom paid out of state tuition. Temple is pretty strict about residency. If I were a NJ resident at the time, I would definitely have considered UMDNJ. I would look the school, its reputation and program but cost should be a consideration too. Good Luck.

thank you lesley....i think i have my mind set for UMDNJ...i did plenty of research....so far so good,,,