UMDNJ-RWJMS Robert Woods Johnson Med School (New Brunswick) Residency Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rwjmsem

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersery- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School will have a 3 yr EM residency with a class to enter in 2010. They should be up on ERAS in a couple weeks to accept apps.

As a student that rotated through 3 other eds, this place sees great pathology and the great thing is the diversity. they see the 80 yo chest pain with good primary care and the 50 yo inner city end stage disease pt. The faculty are mix of young and seasoned docs that came to robert wood bc they knew they were getting a residency, excited to teach, just a great, sharp, fun bunch.

From the pamplet:
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick NJ. Level 1 trauma center, one of three in NJ. Only one in central jersery. Next door is Bristol/Meyers Squibb childrens hospital

3 yr residency
one clinical campus RWJUH/Bristol Meyers squibb childrens hospital
-high volume leverl 1 trauma center with both penetrating and blunt trauma (next to I-95)
-tertiary care peds hospital with separate peds ED see 20,000 per yr
-adult ED with over 60,000 visits

Curriculum
PGY1
6 months adult ED
2 months peds ED
1 month anest/US
1 month OB
1 month dedicated trauma
1 month EMS

PGY2
7 months adult ED
1 month peds
1 month PICU
1 month trauma/surgical ICU
1 month MICU
1 month tox

PGY3
8 months adult ED
2 months peds ED
1 month admin/research
1 month elective

EMS
Dept has EMS/Disaster fellowship training its 4th fellow.
Toxicology
2 fellowship trained toxicologist with consult service.
US
fellowship trained faculty
About new brunswick
Home to johnson and johnson headquarters and rutgers university. train station is across the street and 45 min ride to penn station, NY

any questions just pm me. i wrote more that was on the pamphlet but it logged me out and it couldnt rewrite it again.

Members don't see this ad.

I obviously can't say anything about the program, as it's still new, but I did a month over at UMDNJ-RWJ on their EMS/Disaster rotation (as a med student), and there was NO shortage in their ED - be it in volume or acuity. Blunt & penetrating, young & old, sepsis, MIs, strokes, etc, it's all there. And best of all, if you're interested in EMS/Disaster/Tactical Medicine, you are in the PERFECT place, as they have their own Physician Response Vehicle (not just ride-alongs), and also have activity w/ the State Police/SWAT etc (more on that here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=7742215&postcount=24) So this is a program I'd def. look at seriously...

No reviews of this since the residency's inception in 2009 - if anyone has thoughts they would be appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: 1 user