UMDNJ Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArcherM2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are filling out this secondary, are you specifically pointing out the strengths ("I believe volunteering strengthened..") and weaknesses, or are you going to work out a story??

Mine is already about 1 page long, single spaced, I'm worried I may be getting a little too detailed.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine ended up being a page and a half, they ask you to use the back and attach additional sheets and they ask a broad question and so I assume they expect a detailed coherent answer. I just typed in "Please see attached" and printed it all out. I say answer the question and stay on topic and unless they restrict your space use as much as need be.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Nate, where are you applying from in NJ?

I did the same. I wrote "please see attached" and wrote about a page typed. I guess it was ok because I received an interview last app cycle. Good luck.

Bummer, that is a hall, especially on a weekday. As I glanced throught my essay, I noticed that the only weakness I could find is that I didn't know for certain that I wanted to be physician until after freshman year, and that my freshman grades suffered as a result. I then go on to say how I began to volunteer, yadda yadda yadda...any ideas what other kinds of weaknesses they are looking for?

i was hoping they would have a hard time finding my weaknesses. not that my gpa leaves reason to look anywhere else, but anyway its hard to put it on a silver platter for them. i kinda glossed over weaknesses and talked way more about preparation and strengths.

Preparation--as in specific classes? or how you grew over you college career?

kinda both, i handled preparation as an overall thing, how im prepared today because of classes, clinical stuff, research, etc. i wrote a few sentences about everything major i did, what i have taken from it.