UMDNJ-SOM Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DSTMD2BE

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-
I'm new to this but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about interviewing at UMDNJ-SOM. I just found out that I am interviewing on January 20th. I really want to go to UMDNJ so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hey, you should really read the interview feedback, it's really helpful. you can browse through the different interview feedbacks people gave after their interviews.

all in all, what i've always heard that getting an interview is really good. you've passed the numbers, now they basically want to get to know you by your personality. the interview is pretty laid back, and they ask you general questions...why osteopathic medicine, why UMDNJ-SOM, about your undergrad experience, leadership qualities, and if you mentioned in your statement what field you want to go into, they might ask you about that. but overall, don't be stressed and just be yourself. you can call the admissions office to let them know how interested you are, and after the interview, definitely send thank you letters cause it's looked upon as a really good thing.

but definitely read the feedback, gives you a great feel.

if you need any help, feel free to PM me. but the best of luck!! Hopefully i'll see you next fall :)

DSTMD2BE said:
Hey guys-
I'm new to this but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about interviewing at UMDNJ-SOM. I just found out that I am interviewing on January 20th. I really want to go to UMDNJ so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks.

Congrats on your interview!

UMDNJ-SOM is my #1 choice :love:

I'm waiting to hear from them. When was your file complete? I'm wondering how long it takes for them nowadays to send interview invitations. I hear the admissions committee only meets once a month...do you know when the next meeting is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Meetings are the 3rd monday of the month. Oh, and whatever transportation you use if getting there that morning, don't be tired. Be lively.

My file was complete around the 7th of November and I called on the 21st and they told me my interview had just been set up. I'm not sure how standard this as far as time because I also have another friend who submitted her secondary in July and still hasn't heard so I'm not sure exactly how this stuff goes. Sorry if that doesn't help much.

ckdoc said:
Congrats on your interview!

UMDNJ-SOM is my #1 choice :love:

I'm waiting to hear from them. When was your file complete? I'm wondering how long it takes for them nowadays to send interview invitations. I hear the admissions committee only meets once a month...do you know when the next meeting is?

Just so you can compare. My file was complete around November 17th and I recieved an interview invite yesterday for January 17th at 9:30am.

i'm starting to get worried now. my file was complete mid october and i haven't heard anything yet. i know my stats are not competitive, but the director of admissions knows i'm really interested in UMDNJ-SOM. i've met with her several times and have been continously improving my GPA each semester via a masters program.

do you think i should call or stop by the admissions office and ask about my file? i don't want to annoy them however.