UMDNJ-SOM, PCOM, NYCOM still interviewing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jerseygirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My applications were complete pretty late in the cycle...but I just received an interview date from LECOM Erie, which I'm psyched for.

Does anyone know if UMDNJ-SOM, PCOM, and NYCOM are still inviting candidates for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure UMDNJ is still inviting people, but not positive. My original interview date was like April 15 or something. Definitely give them a call, they're the most friendly admissions staff in the world.

PCOM is still interviewing... until mid-April or later if there are more applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
jerseygirl said:
My applications were complete pretty late in the cycle...but I just received an interview date from LECOM Erie, which I'm psyched for.

Does anyone know if UMDNJ-SOM, PCOM, and NYCOM are still inviting candidates for interviews?

when are you interviewing @ Erie? mine is realllly late Friday 4/22

Thanks for the info Kazema and Blufox80...

I really hope I'll get the chance to interview at those schools, even if it is late in the season; I'll definitely give them all a call soon.

Also,

lktm831 said:
when are you interviewing @ Erie? mine is realllly late Friday 4/22

I'm interviewing at Erie on april 15th... Best of luck!

I was told that umdnj-som reviews applications all the way until May. According to another thread I saw here, umdnj-som in 2004 accepted their last student one day before the start of classes. :)

jerseygirl, I highly recommend calling UMDNJ. The admissions staff is so excellent and friendly and it will also show them your interested in the school and get your file looked at. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

~Nate

Nate said:
jerseygirl, I highly recommend calling UMDNJ. The admissions staff is so excellent and friendly and it will also show them your interested in the school and get your file looked at. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

~Nate

Yes, I just got an interview today. They are very friendly. I think my excitement scared Mrs. Heinz :D

vegangirl said:
Yes, I just got an interview today. They are very friendly. I think my excitement scared Mrs. Heinz :D

thanks for the updates nate and vegangirl, and best of luck on your interview! I seriously hope to snag an interview there soon. I called up and they were super-nice and helpful; my file is under review by the committee right now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :D

I interviewed at UMDNJ on Friday, and got accepted on Monday. (My first acceptance!)

I second the suggestion to contact them in some way and remind them that you're interested.

Hey, I was there on Friday too, who were you?

Congrats to you :). Be sure to check out the UMDNJ thread in the Osteopathic forum.

Nate said:

~Nate

I've found them to be quite unprofessional. When I call, they take my name and number and say someone will call me back, and then no one does. Then, when i call to follow up, they just take another message. It's not only unprofessional but also rude.

NeuroDO said:
I've found them to be quite unprofessional. When I call, they take my name and number and say someone will call me back, and then no one does. Then, when i call to follow up, they just take another message. It's not only unprofessional but also rude.

At UMDNJ-SOM???? They're admissions office is AMAZING. They've been a huge help. I've talked to someone everytime that I have called down there (~5 times). And everytime they are cordial and very helpful.