Umdnj-som

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChiaPet312

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:love:

I just got a call form UMDNJ-SOM. The ppl at the admissions office, namely Paula, are so incredibly nice.

They just got the letter I sent declining my acceptance. They wanted to know if there was anything they could do to get me to attend--scholarships. How freaking nice is that?

The campus, the atmopshere, the instructors, and students there are SO nice, so family-like. I really wish I could go. It's just a bit too far for me.

:(

so, what shall i do? i've got into med schools. the tuition is the exact same for the md and do schools. with scholarships, the osteo school would be much cheaper for me to attend. i'm really impressed by the school's atmosphere mostly. i'd be really happy there. however, i'm also a bit concerned about residency opportunities. :( what to do?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I love Paula and the Admissions office also.

From what I understand, residency issues are more so depending on what you do with your clinical years. Alot of people use all of their electives as away rotations. I'd still like a match list myself...to help me a bit in my decision making. But congrats on your acceptances. I'd definitely go with the cheaper option....especially if you like the atmosphere at UMDNJ-SOM