UMDNJ Update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RU1992

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I had heard that UMDNJ cancelled a few interviews due to Hurricane Sandy. Not sure how true this is, but that's just what I had heard. I"m wondering if this gives us post-December interviewers a little bit of a better shot since interviews are now coming either in later November or maybe even early December :) Just hoping for the best....

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone. I had heard that UMDNJ cancelled a few interviews due to Hurricane Sandy. Not sure how true this is, but that's just what I had heard. I"m wondering if this gives us post-December interviewers a little bit of a better shot since interviews are now coming either in later November or maybe even early December :) Just hoping for the best....

So you are now competing with people whose stats were good enough to land them pre-dec invites. I don't think that's a good thing...

Is what I'm saying even true?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is what I'm saying even true?

Given that a large part of NJ is devastated, yes. Many schools were shut down due to the storm. My university was closed for a week and we were less worse off than Jersey. The fuel shortage has complicated things to large proportions. It is very difficult to venture out of our houses because the gas lines are around blocks. In fact, almost all gas stations by me do not have gas. So, yes many schools on the east coast had to cancel interviews.

Thanks for the info! And yeah, I live in Jersey and know exactly how the situation is first hand. But I didn't think they would be cancelling a lot of interviews due to the storm affecting a week of work. I guess its different... By the way, amazing stats (just wanted to compliment you on that)!

Given that a large part of NJ is devastated, yes. Many schools were shut down due to the storm. My university was closed for a week and we were less worse off than Jersey. The fuel shortage has complicated things to large proportions. It is very difficult to venture out of our houses because the gas lines are around blocks. In fact, almost all gas stations by me do not have gas. So, yes many schools on the east coast had to cancel interviews.

Yes, I agree. Conditions here were horrible, but far better than New Jersey. My university was also in lock down for a week and the power was out in many parts of the city. Airports were closed as well, and there was an incredible shortage of gas. Most of the gas stations in my neighborhood had no gas. Therefore, many interviews in the east coast got cancelled.

Hope all is well at your school qnzbabi91!

Also, I still did not get any invites from dental schools yet and am on edge :eek: It is November already and I am screwed :cry: ...sorry had to vent...

Thanks for the info! And yeah, I live in Jersey and know exactly how the situation is first hand. But I didn't think they would be cancelling a lot of interviews due to the storm affecting a week of work. I guess its different... By the way, amazing stats (just wanted to compliment you on that)!

Yes, we were hit pretty hard, but not as hard as you guys. The destruction the storm caused in New Jersey is crazy. Hope all becomes well...