UMDNJ vs NYU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellemag

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help.
I am interested in oral surgery and doing a 3 year undergrad + 4 year grad program. I have a choice of either UMDNJ or NYU. Can students of these 2 schools please tell me how they like them academically, socially, safety wise and any other advice you may have. Thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

So are you saying you've been accepted to the joint programs? Congrats if you have. I would look at the requirements and undergraduate curriculum of both programs. And which undergrad institution are you talking about? Seeing as UMDNJ is mainly a graduate school, you would be talking about one of the NJ state schools? How about NYUs program? Of course, there is the big factor of cost. Do you have to take the DAT and get certain scores? Are you guaranteed admiission if you maintian a certain GPA? These are things that should influence your decsion.

not sure if NYU did this already, but when i was applying to their 3-4 program, they told me that it was discontinued with my school and only good with like 8 other undergrad school. A year later they said they were going to discontinue it all together (and that was said 2 years ago). you might want to make sure

Members don't see this ad :)
not sure if NYU did this already, but when i was applying to their 3-4 program, they told me that it was discontinued with my school and only good with like 8 other undergrad school. A year later they said they were going to discontinue it all together (and that was said 2 years ago). you might want to make sure

haha, don't you think the op knows what they're talking about with such a big choice to make?