-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Umes
Started by kiliboborin
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I received an invitation for an interview last Thursday, and I received a confirmation today. Interviews will be on February 23rd and 24th. Hopefully I'll see you all there.
Kevin
Kevin
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the information. Guess I didn't in. Good luck though!
I wouldn't say that. Applicants get invitations at different times. I received an e-invitation from Ms. Ransom last Thursday. Be patient. If you're stats are decent they'll interview you.
Kevin
Kevin
I spoke with Ms. Ransom yesterday and she was saying that academic updates are still being sorted out from PTCAS as they have had a higher volume of applicants this year (seems to be the general trend everywhere I've applied). If you had pre-req course updates coming through from the fall than they may be waiting to sort that out. She was saying more invites should be going out the 1st or 2nd week in March.
Hey if you guys don't mind, could you post your stats? I plan on applying here in the summer. And a little more about the interview?
University: University of Maryland, College Park; prereqs at Wor Wic Community College
Major: Journalism
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 540V 470Q 3.5AW
Volunteer: 100 (in-patient/out-patient)
Acceptances: Medical University of South Carolina
Rejections: none so far
Interviews: USA (declined), Armstrong (declined), UMES (2/23)
Awaiting decisions: Thomas Jefferson
Major: Journalism
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 540V 470Q 3.5AW
Volunteer: 100 (in-patient/out-patient)
Acceptances: Medical University of South Carolina
Rejections: none so far
Interviews: USA (declined), Armstrong (declined), UMES (2/23)
Awaiting decisions: Thomas Jefferson
The interview was about two hours long with one faculty member. There was a simple essay in the beginning but besides that just basic interview questions. Why PT, Why UMES, etc...
I am not sure if they would do phone interviews. It does not hurt to ask though. They seem pretty willing to work with you. The only thing is the essay since you cant do that over the phone.
I am not sure if they would do phone interviews. It does not hurt to ask though. They seem pretty willing to work with you. The only thing is the essay since you cant do that over the phone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interview was about two hours long with one faculty member. There was a simple essay in the beginning but besides that just basic interview questions. Why PT, Why UMES, etc...
I am not sure if they would do phone interviews. It does not hurt to ask though. They seem pretty willing to work with you. The only thing is the essay since you cant do that over the phone.
THanks afrikki08! ill be sure to ask. 🙂
I interviewed on 2/24, but I heard right back from them and yes im going to go.Oh wow, I didn't even interview until 3 weeks ago (23rd)... and she said id hear via mail in 3 weeks. When did you interview and are you going to go?
I'm the parent of an applicant. My daughter interviewed in late January and she still hasn't heard anything from them (even though she was told at the interview she'd hear in a couple weeks). Since some applicants have been accepted since her interview, we assume she's waitlisted. She's tried calling, but couldn't get any info.
Well I was accepted to musc in Charleston back in november and it starts in May! Because everywhere else took so long to get back to me I got more attached to the school there. I do live about an hour from umes and am considering changing because of money. Goodluck! I hope you get in! Where are you from?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard from UMES? I got an email that I would hear something before thanksgiving.....has anyone interviewed there yet?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K