Umes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiliboborin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from UMES yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, net yet. I heard they were sending interview invites at the end of last week, beginning of this week but I haven't heard yet.

I received an invitation for an interview last Thursday, and I received a confirmation today. Interviews will be on February 23rd and 24th. Hopefully I'll see you all there.

Kevin

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the information. Guess I didn't in. Good luck though!

I wouldn't say that. Applicants get invitations at different times. I received an e-invitation from Ms. Ransom last Thursday. Be patient. If you're stats are decent they'll interview you.

Kevin

I just received an interview invite today via email. They must be sending out invites in different batches or something since my invite came a week later. I wouldn't worry yet. Maybe try to email admissions?

I got my application in pretty late...as in, right at the deadline. Has anyone heard anything since the first? Good luck on all your interviews!

I spoke with Ms. Ransom yesterday and she was saying that academic updates are still being sorted out from PTCAS as they have had a higher volume of applicants this year (seems to be the general trend everywhere I've applied). If you had pre-req course updates coming through from the fall than they may be waiting to sort that out. She was saying more invites should be going out the 1st or 2nd week in March.

Hey if you guys don't mind, could you post your stats? I plan on applying here in the summer. And a little more about the interview?

I was invited for interviews on the following dates: March 5th-9th and 12th ,13th. I live in chicago and was wondering if they have phone interviews or if i have to fly to UMES. anyone have any idea?

Members don't see this ad :)
University: University of Maryland, College Park; prereqs at Wor Wic Community College
Major: Journalism
Overall GPA: 3.2
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 540V 470Q 3.5AW

Volunteer: 100 (in-patient/out-patient)

Acceptances: Medical University of South Carolina
Rejections: none so far
Interviews: USA (declined), Armstrong (declined), UMES (2/23)
Awaiting decisions: Thomas Jefferson

The interview was about two hours long with one faculty member. There was a simple essay in the beginning but besides that just basic interview questions. Why PT, Why UMES, etc...

I am not sure if they would do phone interviews. It does not hurt to ask though. They seem pretty willing to work with you. The only thing is the essay since you cant do that over the phone.

The interview was about two hours long with one faculty member. There was a simple essay in the beginning but besides that just basic interview questions. Why PT, Why UMES, etc...

I am not sure if they would do phone interviews. It does not hurt to ask though. They seem pretty willing to work with you. The only thing is the essay since you cant do that over the phone.

THanks afrikki08! ill be sure to ask. :)

University: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.74
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 157V 156Q 4.5AW

PT Experience: 250 outpatient, 25 geriatric/ neurological

Acceptances: none so far
Rejections: none so far
Interviews: Creighton/ UMES

Has anyone been accepted to UMES and decided to go?

Did you get acceptance letter already? I figured id hear this week since my interviewer said 3 weeks.

Yes, I got my acceptance letter about 3wks ago.

Oh wow, I didn't even interview until 3 weeks ago (23rd)... and she said id hear via mail in 3 weeks. When did you interview and are you going to go?

Oh wow, I didn't even interview until 3 weeks ago (23rd)... and she said id hear via mail in 3 weeks. When did you interview and are you going to go?
I interviewed on 2/24, but I heard right back from them and yes im going to go.

I'm the parent of an applicant. My daughter interviewed in late January and she still hasn't heard anything from them (even though she was told at the interview she'd hear in a couple weeks). Since some applicants have been accepted since her interview, we assume she's waitlisted. She's tried calling, but couldn't get any info.

Ms. Ransom e-mailed me saying they'd be making decisions this coming week!

Best of luck to you all.

I received my acceptance yesterday... did you guys hear back? They are only giving til Monday to send in deposit. I am probably declining but have to make decision quickly!

Nice! I haven't heard yet...tomorrow I'm sure :) afrikki Where are you going instead?

Well I was accepted to musc in Charleston back in november and it starts in May! Because everywhere else took so long to get back to me I got more attached to the school there. I do live about an hour from umes and am considering changing because of money. Goodluck! I hope you get in! Where are you from?

I'm from RI, but I have family down in MD. UMES seems like an awesome program, so I'm sure you wouldn't regret changing your mind and going there instead...

I hope to hear back soon! Still no word, but I'll hear soon enough.

Have you tried calling? Your stats are great so I don't see why you would not get accepted!

Thanks for the tip. I called today...and I'm in!

A question for current umes students who were accepted off the wait list... what number were you on the wait list and when did you get the acceptance?

Has anyone heard from UMES? I got an email that I would hear something before thanksgiving.....has anyone interviewed there yet?