Umich acceptance letter is really nice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marakah2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else surprised at how they personalized the letter to your interests/activites?

Just thought that was a nice touch

(i hope noone takes this as bragging, not trying to-just thought it was nice that an admssions com. actually took the time to deviate from the form letter. )

Members don't see this ad.

it's a nice touch!

on top of that- they have their med students call you just to offer their congratulations and see if you have any questions about the program, the school, the life.... etc.

you don't see that too often.
so are you going to come to Michigan?

Yeah, I was seriously surprised at how cool the personalized letters were. Dean Remick seemed like a cool guy at the interview, and the fact that he took the time to write personalized letters makes him seem even cooler.

The same day I got into umich, I got a very impersonal acceptance letter from another school. Makes me want to go to Michigan more.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I didn't get any phone call from a med student. Got the personalized letter, though. Very cool.

the acceptance letter was sweet. it really touched me that they took the time to point out the things that had led to my acceptance...very nice (even tho there was a looong delay b/t the email and the snail mail letter!). i am still really honored at the acceptance.

for us lesser SDNers, an interview invit would be nice :p

Wow that's nice, I wish other schools do that as well

ummm i think any acceptance letter is really nice