UMich Interview Location

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caseofyou

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview on Friday and I can't seem to find where the interview is located... They say to meet at the Medical School, which I imagine is pretty big. Anyone know if you are supposed to report to the Admissions Office?

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to 4303 Medical Science I. If you enter at the main entrance of Med Sci I, they'll probably have people there directing interviewees.

caseofyou said:
I have an interview on Friday and I can't seem to find where the interview is located... They say to meet at the Medical School, which I imagine is pretty big. Anyone know if you are supposed to report to the Admissions Office?

Thanks for the help.

thanks... the map makes it look like a complete maze

Members don't see this ad :)
caseofyou said:
thanks... the map makes it look like a complete maze

Just wait till you get inside.

:)

Yeah, its a lot easier to navigate from the outside.

Okay, let's see if I can help you out. You'll probably want to write this down. I assume you'll be parking in one of the garages (probably garage A), so these directions will start in the main hospital. You can wander around outside if you want, but it might be chilly.

1. Get to the second floor of the hospital and find the long hallway going west. It passes the cafeteria/wendy's. If you're not sure, ask someone to point you in the direction of the medical school.

2. Go down the hallway, trying to keep going in the same direction, West (it'll wind a bit and you'll have to go through a couple double doors, which should be wide open, but I'm not sure at 7 AM). There'll be lots of medical school class pictures all along the parts of this hallway that are close to the school itself.

3. You'll eventually end up in a part of the hallway, beyond a set of double doors, that looks a bit more run down. Now you're close. Find one of the stairwells in this hallway (there are two, each behind a door at either end) and go up one floor. You'll also know this place because there'll be a restricted access radioactive zone-thing at the end of the hallway, so there's no way you could overshoot these stairs by far.

4. After going up one level, hang a left onto the new hallway you enter on (you should be on floor 4 now).

5. Very soon, you'll come to a T-intersection where you can see these portraits of people down the hallway on your left. Go that way. The admissions office is right there on the left side after the portraits.

I may pop in during your lunch on Friday, but I'm trying to take the quiz that day because of the crazy weekend instead of waiting till Sunday (you'll hear more about our quiz flex-time policy when you visit). So maybe I'll see you around. Either way, good luck!

Bones2008 said:
Okay, let's see if I can help you out. You'll probably want to write this down. I assume you'll be parking in one of the garages (probably garage A), so these directions will start in the main hospital. You can wander around outside if you want, but it might be chilly.

1. Get to the second floor of the hospital and find the long hallway going west. It passes the cafeteria/wendy's. If you're not sure, ask someone to point you in the direction of the medical school.

2. Go down the hallway, trying to keep going in the same direction, West (it'll wind a bit and you'll have to go through a couple double doors, which should be wide open, but I'm not sure at 7 AM). There'll be lots of medical school class pictures all along the parts of this hallway that are close to the school itself.

3. You'll eventually end up in a part of the hallway, beyond a set of double doors, that looks a bit more run down. Now you're close. Find one of the stairwells in this hallway (there are two, each behind a door at either end) and go up one floor. You'll also know this place because there'll be a restricted access radioactive zone-thing at the end of the hallway, so there's no way you could overshoot these stairs by far.

4. After going up one level, hang a left onto the new hallway you enter on (you should be on floor 4 now).

5. Very soon, you'll come to a T-intersection where you can see these portraits of people down the hallway on your left. Go that way. The admissions office is right there on the left side after the portraits.

I may pop in during your lunch on Friday, but I'm trying to take the quiz that day because of the crazy weekend instead of waiting till Sunday (you'll hear more about our quiz flex-time policy when you visit). So maybe I'll see you around. Either way, good luck!

thanks sooo much. sounds confusing, but i'm sure i'll find it. good luck with your quiz! going to michigan is huge for me because i have to fly. i'm terrified!!! but i really love michigan, so i just have to get there...