Umich notification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedApp2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If we interviewed on october 4 do you think there is a chance we could hear october 15th? anyone know when the admissions committee convenes?

Members don't see this ad.

i doubt it. usually adcom takes at least 4 weeks before they notify. but hey you neve rknow :D

It's possible. I mean, it seems like some people have been getting those oh-so-friendly emails. But then again, it could be that they accept some people, then dump the rest of the people into the pool for the next week(s).

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gotten all the specifics amongst my interviews confused, but I think Michigan's adcom meets every two weeks, but their first meeting I think was the last day in September (or first day in October....I forget).

Originally posted by SunnyS81
I've gotten all the specifics amongst my interviews confused, but I think Michigan's adcom meets every two weeks, but their first meeting I think was the last day in September (or first day in October....I forget).

Not to get this whole circus started up again... If that's true, then it sheds a little different like on all of the "this isn't an acceptance (wink-wink, nudge-nudge)" letters that were flying around. Obviously the Dean's thoughts are going to carry a lot of weight, but I think this gives a bit more hope to those of us who didn't get that email! :clap: I mean, the whole committee votes, and how could anyone (read - those who didn't get letters) be rejected or waitlisted before the committee has ever met? I'm starting to think that this really was the Dean's personal thoughts and encouragement to the students they're more actively recruiting, and not a definite determination of one's status there... God I hope so!!! :p

Originally posted by SunnyS81

So if their second meeting is October 15th, do you think they will notify me after an Oct. 11 interview?

Hey Woot, I like that train of thought :) :) :):clap: