MedApp2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2002
Visit site
Status
If we interviewed on october 4 do you think there is a chance we could hear october 15th? anyone know when the admissions committee convenes?

Veilside

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2002
Visit site
Status
i doubt it. usually adcom takes at least 4 weeks before they notify. but hey you neve rknow :D

Random Access

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Status
It's possible. I mean, it seems like some people have been getting those oh-so-friendly emails. But then again, it could be that they accept some people, then dump the rest of the people into the pool for the next week(s).

About the Ads

SunnyS81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I've gotten all the specifics amongst my interviews confused, but I think Michigan's adcom meets every two weeks, but their first meeting I think was the last day in September (or first day in October....I forget).

Woots32

kinda funky, kinda fine
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2002
playing under the table and dreaming
Status
Medical Student
Originally posted by SunnyS81
I've gotten all the specifics amongst my interviews confused, but I think Michigan's adcom meets every two weeks, but their first meeting I think was the last day in September (or first day in October....I forget).
Not to get this whole circus started up again... If that's true, then it sheds a little different like on all of the "this isn't an acceptance (wink-wink, nudge-nudge)" letters that were flying around. Obviously the Dean's thoughts are going to carry a lot of weight, but I think this gives a bit more hope to those of us who didn't get that email! :clap: I mean, the whole committee votes, and how could anyone (read - those who didn't get letters) be rejected or waitlisted before the committee has ever met? I'm starting to think that this really was the Dean's personal thoughts and encouragement to the students they're more actively recruiting, and not a definite determination of one's status there... God I hope so!!! :p

mws99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by SunnyS81
So if their second meeting is October 15th, do you think they will notify me after an Oct. 11 interview?

About the Ads