UMich Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

saiyagirl

hi everyone,
so i've already done the search on sdn for my questions and have this one left:

some people have mentioned they've gotten interview requests without submitting their LORs. If i'm asked to submit my LOR first (i havent gotten any interview request from them)....does that mean i'm not as good a candidate?

i received both the LOR request and the secondary notice today.

i'm just worrying :) i'm also out-of-state!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the people without LOR were instate. From what i've experienced (out of state) here is what happens 1) invite for secondary 2) invite to turn in LOR's (these emails were one day apart for me) 3) invite for interview (less than a month later)

As for being a strong applicant. Don't worry about it. If you look at all the messages on this board, you will soon realize how strange this game of admissions is. The stanford thread is the best example of this.

Hope that helps.

I think U Mich does invite out-of-state applicants for interviews before receiving their secondaries. They only had my AMCAS last year when they invited me. However, they did request that I completed the secondary and everything else before the actual interview. (I completed it the day before my interview. :) )

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by S.c. Cdc28p
I think U Mich does invite out-of-state applicants for interviews before receiving their secondaries. They only had my AMCAS last year when they invited me. However, they did request that I completed the secondary and everything else before the actual interview. (I completed it the day before my interview. :) )

I've heard California is highly represented on the pre-LOR/secondary interviewees...

-RA

yeah, there seemed to be a number of californians at the michigan interview on the 13th. i can confirm that they did interview invites for out of staters prior to lor's; i got my interview invite on july 29th, and had my recs sent the same day. random stuff.