UMich vs UDM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jewelsnz

Kiwi girl
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am applying to dental school this cycle and need to stay in Michigan (my husband works in Ann Arbor). I hear UMich is an excellent school but I'm not sure about UDM. Can any students give me their opinions on the 2 schools?

Members don't see this ad.

jewelsnz said:
Hi, I am applying to dental school this cycle and need to stay in Michigan (my husband works in Ann Arbor). I hear UMich is an excellent school but I'm not sure about UDM. Can any students give me their opinions on the 2 schools?

UDM is a good school, not quite as didactically inclined as michigan, but it is a very good clinical school. being in detroit, the patient pool is much larger. the downside to UDM is that it is in detroit, and there is no real campus. i am not sure where the school is moving to (they sold the current campus to the wayne community college, and need to be out next year i believe), but not having a centralized campus seemed strange to me. either way, michigan or UDM you will become a good dentist. it just depends on the type of atmosphere you desire.