UMich vs UDM

Started by jewelsnz
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jewelsnz

Kiwi girl
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I am applying to dental school this cycle and need to stay in Michigan (my husband works in Ann Arbor). I hear UMich is an excellent school but I'm not sure about UDM. Can any students give me their opinions on the 2 schools?
 
jewelsnz said:
Hi, I am applying to dental school this cycle and need to stay in Michigan (my husband works in Ann Arbor). I hear UMich is an excellent school but I'm not sure about UDM. Can any students give me their opinions on the 2 schools?

UDM is a good school, not quite as didactically inclined as michigan, but it is a very good clinical school. being in detroit, the patient pool is much larger. the downside to UDM is that it is in detroit, and there is no real campus. i am not sure where the school is moving to (they sold the current campus to the wayne community college, and need to be out next year i believe), but not having a centralized campus seemed strange to me. either way, michigan or UDM you will become a good dentist. it just depends on the type of atmosphere you desire.