UMichigan or Ohio State University?

babyblue_75

Reaction score
Which college do you think will be better for pre-med track?

Some things that I am considering are:
1.OSU is a lot more cheaper (in-state, most likely commuting)
2. Does undergrad school matter when you are applying for med school? Or do they only/mostly consider GPA, test scores, EC’s, etc.
3. I have a lot of connections with people who could possibly get me volunteering/shadowing opportunities later on in Ohio which might be better if I went to OSU
4. Umich is really attracting since it is more “known” than OSU, but I know this shouldn’t be the only factor in making the decision.

I just need some opinions of other people... thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Which college do you think will be better for pre-med track?

Some things that I am considering are:
1.OSU is a lot more cheaper (in-state, most likely commuting)
2. Does undergrad school matter when you are applying for med school? Or do they only/mostly consider GPA, test scores, EC’s, etc.
3. I have a lot of connections with people who could possibly get me volunteering/shadowing opportunities later on in Ohio which might be better if I went to OSU
4. Umich is really attracting since it is more “known” than OSU, but I know this shouldn’t be the only factor in making the decision.

I just need some opinions of other people... thanks.
I finished my bachelors at Osu and to be honest, even though I met some awesome faculty here I would advise against going here for premed. The courses here that are traditionally taken by pre meds tends to have low averages and they will have dramatic curves for everything but an A. So the class average on exams can be a D average and they will make a 75 a B minus but will not curve an A at all. Alot of the faculty here will openly talk crap about premeds as well which can make it pretty toxic. The schools not all bad but it's not as great as some students here will make it seem but that's just my take on it.

I edited the curve example a bit. This happened in my biochem class

Last edited: