UMKC interviews??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmco

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anyone received an interview for UMCK?? I'm still waiting but didn't know when all the interviews would be held. Any info one the school or those interviewed would be great. I've interviewed at 2 different schools and so far no acceptance. Wonder how many applied and will get the call. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to UMKC, but haven't heard anything from them yet. I figured they had just received my Jan PCAT score. I'm guessing that the invites should be coming out soon or maybe they have been sent out because it's already March.

The receipt of application email they sent out months ago said they would be holding interviews the final days of march and the first week of April, and that interviewers would be contacted by written correspondance exactly 3 weeks prior to the interview. So hopefully we will know next week. Good Luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
So this means that we will be contacted by snail mail? I'm just making sure, so I know when and where to check my mail because I live at two different places.

Interviews are March 15th and March 29th. I have about 10 members that are going next week. UMKC is really slow about announcements though, whether they take you or reject you. Good luck.

Checked my email today (03/10/08) and found an invitation for an interview on the 03/29/08 @ 850am

Checked my email today (03/10/08) and found an invitation for an interview on the 03/29/08 @ 850am

Congrats on your invitation! Do you care to share your stats if you don't mind? Is it true that they rank the top 240 applicants based on GPA and PCAT?

I just got an interview invitation via email. I'm not going to attend, though. The date is for the 29th of March.

Stats: 97 PCAT, 3.75c, 3.6 preq

Good luck errrryone :luck:

I just received an email yesterday stating that I have an interview for UMKC on 3/29 at 7:30 am; however, I've already been accepted to 3 other schools within the last 2 weeks including my top choice school (University at Buffalo). Their email was a little too late.

Any interviews yet?? How did it go. What's the school like. Still waiting. Does anyone know how many applicants they had this year, and if anyone has interviewed what did you think.

I got an invitation to interview on 3/29 too but I'm declining b/c I already got accepted into 2 schools. Hope interviews open up for those of you waiting! Good luck!

I just received an interview invite for 3/29 this morning. On the email, it says that the process lasts for 90 minutes. So does that mean the interview itself lasts 90 minutes or the whole entire process for the day?

i believe aside from the formal 3 to 1 interview, there is also an essay portion;

I guess I'll see you at 8:50am on Sat too! Where are you coming from? I'm flying out from Southern California tomorrow morning. Boy, I haven't been this nervous my entire life!! I just wished they would notify me earlier, so I would have more time to practice for the interview more. I just found out last Thursday. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I declined my UMKC interview because I got accepted to another pharmacy school, so that will be another open spot for everyone! I work with some pharmacy students at UMKC and they all mentioned that the interview was very laid back. I've also heard mixed feelings about the Satellite program through MU. Good luck everyone

I guess I'll see you at 8:50am on Sat too! Where are you coming from? I'm flying out from Southern California tomorrow morning. Boy, I haven't been this nervous my entire life!! I just wished they would notify me earlier, so I would have more time to practice for the interview more. I just found out last Thursday. :scared:

im going to be flying friday evening after class, so unfortunately ill be missing out on the evening meet; im flying from central cal; good luck and see you there! :)

When does UMKC start letting prople know if they got in? Thanks

*crosses fingers* good luck everyone who interviewed; ill be setting up camp in front of my mailbox soon enough; :p

how was your interview? was there a lot of people there and did you go to the mixer?

Were you there too on Fri/Sat? I really wanted to go to the pre-interview party the night before, but then I wanted to explore Kansas City a little bit because I had to fly back home after interview the next day. I thought the interviewers were extremely friendly and seemed interested in what I had to say.

the interview was great, although i did mess up on the essay portion prior to that =\ ; i didnt get the attend the gathering that friday b/c i arrived @ kansas city real late; got to my hotel at ~1 am;

Geez, that's really late. Which hotel did you stay? I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, since I guess it was the cheapest on the list that was posted on that website. I flew out at 6:30am and didn't arrive at Kansas City til 3:30pm. So, I was kind of tired and nervous at the same time, so I decided to take a walk around the area and drove around the school instead. :D

Can't wait to hear from them pretty soon. I guess the earliest we can find out is next week. Did any of you here apply for the satellite program in Columbia too?

This week has come and gone...has anyone heard???? :cool:

Not yet. Hopefully today. :luck:

The mail has already come today and nada...:scared:...this waiting is not easy.

The mail has already come today and nada...:scared:...this waiting is not easy.

Same here, just more bills and no letter. :rolleyes: Where are you from by the way? Maybe I'll be one of the last people to receive a letter from them, since I'm from out-of-state. Did you apply to any other schools?

:oops:One other school...I am from Kansas...from your previous post California is a long way to be applying to Missouri. You probably will not get the mail as quick as those in MO and neighboring states...so it may be awhile for you maybe even into May...have you heard from other schools that you applied to yet? I haven't heard anything from anyone else...did you have more than one interview?

:oops:One other school...I am from Kansas...from your previous post California is a long way to be applying to Missouri. You probably will not get the mail as quick as those in MO and neighboring states...so it may be awhile for you maybe even into May...have you heard from other schools that you applied to yet? I haven't heard anything from anyone else...did you have more than one interview?

This is the only interview I have had so far. I'm on the alternate list without interview for Creighton, so they will reevaluate my application late May. That's why I'm excited and hopeful for the letter to come. ;) Good luck waiting for your other school too! :luck:

Heard from UMKC office today that letters went out into the mail this week (so either today or end of last week i guess??) and that hopefully they will be received at the end of this week... hope this helps some people still looking in the mail on a daily basis...

:luck:

I live in Kansas City and if letters went out Friday I would have heard by now even if they went out Monday...2 days across town I think I would have heard...just received today's mail and nothing so maybe some went out Monday and the rest later in the week. Sometime before the 1st of May.:)

I know that it usually takes 1-2 days for the letter to arrive in the same city or neighboring town and 3 days for the letter to get to out-of-states. More likely, I think the letters should arrive sometimes by this weekend. I'm trying my very best to be patient. :rolleyes:

I didn't get a letter today either...I am 15 minutes from the school. They probably won't be mailed until Friday most likely so I will hope for something by this week-end or first of next week and out of staters will be looking at next week also...why do they keep us on ends for so long?????:confused:

I wonder if they send the letters out in batches. Maybe they send the out-of-state ones first, then the in-state and local ones after. In the end, everyone wiould be receiving the letter at the same time. :D Yea, sometimes by this coming Wednesday. I really want to know, so I can really plan my summer out. I definitely think one month is a long wait after the interview.

Pharm mom, how's the weather in Kansas City? I heard you guys get lots of tornadoes. The weather was nicer than I had expected when I was there for the interview.

Yeah...weather is not good...you will like KC if you come here...I have only lived up here for a couple of years...it is changing all the time...the neighborhood around the school isn't too great though!!! Yes, a month or more wait is way too long and I also haven't heard from the other school I applied to...I wish I had applied to more. Good luck. :)

Is it a bad neighborhood? The weather was so gloomy when I went for the interview. The surroundings looked a bit messy and confusing.

Is it a bad neighborhood? The weather was so gloomy when I went for the interview. The surroundings looked a bit messy and confusing.

Did you interview on the 15th? I was there on the 29th, so I got lucked out. My suitcase was filled with coats and warm sweaters, but then realized it wasn't even cold at all! I have to admit that Kansas City was more city-like than I had imagined before I came there. :D I thought the people there in general are laidback, nice, and helpful. :)

Hey everyone, I've been reading this forum for information about interviews and school and for anyone who is waiting I just got my letter today! I got accepted! Good luck to everybody and your wait should be over soon:)

congrats! anxious waiting here on the west coast in cali; mind sharing your stats for those waiting to have a basis of comparison?

Congrats Jsten87! Leo, let's keep our fingers crossed! Hopefully we'll hear something by tomorrow. I've been asking my parents to check the mailbox since the 2nd day of week 3.

Got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. Yeah!!!! Good Luck to everyone. Finally get to change my status :)

OMG! Almost everyone got their news, I feel like dying. :( Could it be that rejection letters come last?

Congrats to y'all.

Did you interview on the 15th? I was there on the 29th, so I got lucked out. My suitcase was filled with coats and warm sweaters, but then realized it wasn't even cold at all! I have to admit that Kansas City was more city-like than I had imagined before I came there. :D I thought the people there in general are laidback, nice, and helpful. :)

No, I was there on the 29th, but I guess compare to my state's weather, it was bad. :)

Edit: I couldn't wait anymore, so I called them. They said "all the acceptance letters were sent out already except rejections." So I guess I'm doomed. :(

congrats! anxious waiting here on the west coast in cali; mind sharing your stats for those waiting to have a basis of comparison?
Heres my stats Leoluong
3.75 GPA, 3.85 Math and Science
86 PCAT
4 years Technician experience

Good luck to everyone!

OMG! Almost everyone got their news, I feel like dying. :( Could it be that rejection letters come last?

Congrats to y'all.

No, I was there on the 29th, but I guess compare to my state's weather, it was bad. :)

Edit: I couldn't wait anymore, so I called them. They said "all the acceptance letters were sent out already except rejections." So I guess I'm doomed. :(

Are you from Cali too? Maybe it takes a longer time for the letters to reach its way to the West Coast. I still haven't received my letter and I live in Southern Cali.

I got my acceptance letter Monday...you should hear on the West Coast probably Wednesday at the earliest...Good luck everyone!!!!!

What about the East Coast?

Florida is not colder than Kansas.

East Coast would be today at earliest also...Kansas City is cold...brrrrrr

Florida is not colder than Kansas.

Oh, I was thinking of the states near the New England area like New York, New Jersey... We just our heat wave here in SoCal.

Hi everyone! I'm from southern California and interviewed on March 29. I just received my letter and I got accepted! good luck to everyone!!

anyone who got accepted looking for a place to live? :oops: