UMKC Pharmacy Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ohiostate1ncaa

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any information to support what I just heard from the UMKC Pharmacy Admissions Advisor?
He told me that the average admit GPA is 3.4(which seems right) and then the average PCAT score is the 50th percentile(which seems very low).

Right now I'm at a 3.6GPA and 68th percentile(and retaking it in January) so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances considering I also have 3 years of retail pharmacy experience. It's just that 50th percentile seems really low...

What's everyone else think?
 
Took it again and got a 70th percentile...Overall I didn't really study for the PCAT just because I wasn't motivated enough and I felt like it was all common knowledge already learned in my coursework. Anyways, I feel really good with a 70th percentile score. What does everyone else think?
 
Took it again and got a 70th percentile...Overall I didn't really study for the PCAT just because I wasn't motivated enough and I felt like it was all common knowledge already learned in my coursework. Anyways, I feel really good with a 70th percentile score. What does everyone else think?

Have you received an interview date? Those are the correct admission standards for UMKC, there must not be as much weight to the PCAT score compared to all other parts of the application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you received an interview date? Those are the correct admission standards for UMKC, there must not be as much weight to the PCAT score compared to all other parts of the application.
No...stupid PharmCAS has taken well over a month to process all my stuff. UMKC said they are still waiting on my transcripts to be verified by PharmCAS but I should have all my stuff taken care of in the next week or so. After that I am hoping to get an interview date.