Umm... Match Day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jambro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this place really so dead that there's not a thread for Match Day?!

Yeesh. Anyway.... 2 cycles to get into med school to rads match today. Woohoo!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
I matched but applied to a backup speciality so I don’t know what I matched into… this is gonna be a long week

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
I matched but applied to a backup speciality so I don’t know what I matched into… this is gonna be a long week
Matched Anesthesiology!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!.... Now... where?!

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You probably matched anesthesiology based on the number of IV you attended.

Reactions: 3 users
Matched gen surg today...huge relief to know what I'll be doing next year. now just have to figure out where.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Sure, but I see that as mostly something for students to use as a resource and to discuss how "well" a school matches. For instance there wasn't a single comment about matching yesterday!
There may be more comments when people find out "where" they matched this Friday.
Those who didn't match are busy with the SOAP process.
Congratulations on your match, @jambro :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Fingers crossed; wishing the best for all applicants!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to everyone that matched yesterday!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Sure, but I see that as mostly something for students to use as a resource and to discuss how "well" a school matches. For instance there wasn't a single comment about matching yesterday!
Everyone's working on their social media updates, including with their school's social media team.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just in case someone didn’t match, here’s some words of encouragement for you:

I found this pretty encouraging since I’m a psychiatrist who also didn’t match my first time through (military match) when I applied for EM, ended up doing a civ trad intern year and then switching specialties to psych. This was about a decade ago now but I am soooooooooo happy where I’m at now cannot imagine how miserable I’d be if I had matched EM. It feels rough at first but it for sure is not the end of the world just a temporary set back.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
But congratulations to those who did and have patiently/anxiously waited the grueling rest of this week to find out where!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm definitely interested in how the "program signaling" protocols worked for those of you who matched. I think this has been around a couple of years, but this year it seems to be much more in play, so it could dictate more where people match as opposed to "pure merit."

Good luck!

I'm definitely interested in how the "program signaling" protocols worked for those of you who matched. I think this has been around a couple of years, but this year it seems to be much more in play, so it could dictate more where people match as opposed to "pure merit."

Good luck!
I only received interviews from programs I signaled

I only received interviews from programs I signaled
Same here. All but one interview from programs I signaled. The one exception was a program that does not participate in the signal system.

Reactions: 1 users
Matched IM at top choice 🙂

Good luck!

I received IVs from most of my signals. I signaled programs that I felt at least fairly competitive for. I don’t think that the IVs I received from signaled programs were anything less than ‘pure merit,’ just that the program took me as someone seriously interested in them.

Reactions: 3 users

Good luck!
Applied IM which had 7 signals, received interviews at 6, plus 4 more I didn’t signal but were still in my geographical preferences.