UMMC SOD Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys anyone heard anything yet? I know we are getting a new dean, and they were going to wait till he settles in to decide online vs. in person interviews. Mrs. Johnston said they probably wouldn’t notify us about interviews until late August maybe (at least two weeks before first interview). I did receive an email from UMMC that my application was complete. Do y’all have any idea how many people submitted their application in the beginning of June?

Hey guys anyone heard anything yet? I know we are getting a new dean, and they were going to wait till he settles in to decide online vs. in person interviews. Mrs. Johnston said they probably wouldn’t notify us about interviews until late August maybe (at least two weeks before first interview). I did receive an email from UMMC that my application was complete. Do y’all have any idea how many people submitted their application in the beginning of June?
I submitted mine at the beginning of June. Is it verified that we will not hear about interviews until the end of August? Last year, I believe that they began sending invites at the beginning of August through October.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone in here doing the Masters in Biomedical Sciences Program at UMMC starting this fall?

I’ve heard back on the 9/7 about interviews

Reactions: 1 user
I received an invitation for an interview and did mine in mid August, but my status has changed back from "Invited to Interview" back to "Received/ Under Review". Is that supposed to happen?

How did the first round of interviews go?
They went well I think! The students are really nice and make you feel much more comfortable when you first arrive! They do an MMI format, so just be ready for that.

Interview #4
School: UMMC
Notification date: 9/14/2021
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
Application complete date: 08/05/2021
GPA (overall, science): 3.9/3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/23/22/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/23/2021
Method of Interview: In-person

I received an invitation for an interview and did mine in mid August, but my status has changed back from "Invited to Interview" back to "Received/ Under Review". Is that supposed to happen?
Do you mean that you did your interview in August? They usually do change the status again after your interview, so I would not worry about the status change.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t get in, but they offered me to join a their master’s program, and if I make a B average, I can join the next class. I have an offer at another school, so congratulations to you all
Did they email that to you?

Congrats to everyone!! Does anyone know when they stop sending acceptances/waitlists/rejections?

I didn’t get in, but they offered me to join a their master’s program, and if I make a B average, I can join the next class. I have an offer at another school, so congratulations to you all
What were you stats and how did your interview go if you don’t mind me asking? I’m in the same boat.

Hi! What were your stats and how did your interview go if you don’t mind me asking? I’m in the same boat right now.

Not sure yet, heavily considering it but I just got interviews to 2 schools after decision day so I’ll decide depending on how those go!

So when they reached out to y'all about the UMMC Master's program, did they explicitly say that if you complete it with a B average, that you'll have a guaranteed seat in the next class?

So when they reached out to y'all about the UMMC Master's program, did they explicitly say that if you complete it with a B average, that you'll have a guaranteed seat in the next class?
Yes, but they only offer it to certain ppl… It’s their portal program…

Are you going to do the master's program?
I've already completed the master's program at Mississippi College with a 3.5+ GPA. My DAT was also a 22 AA, 26 PAT, and 23 TS, but I was unfortunately sent a rejection email on Dec. 1st from UMMC. I asked the question because the previous posts made me start to wonder if admissions favored the UMMC master's, but I didn't realize y'all were talking about the professional portal program.

I've already completed the master's program at Mississippi College with a 3.5+ GPA. My DAT was also a 22 AA, 26 PAT, and 23 TS, but I was unfortunately sent a rejection email on Dec. 1st from UMMC. I asked the question because the previous posts made me start to wonder if admissions favored the UMMC master's, but I didn't realize y'all were talking about the professional portal program.
Well, try again next year…