Ummmmmmmmmmm lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qkrdpsk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it's really late to be trying to request LORs right now because I'm applying this June...... But I need help. I don't understand how the process works. I may ask really dumb questions because I'm completely lost as to how the application works.... Forgive me.. This is my first time applying lol

Do I ask my professors to send the letter to me and I upload it myself on the application? Or do they directly send it to wherever they have to send it? ....... :wtf:

The help is appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You aren't allowed to see the letters; you waive your right. There should be a form you sign acknowledging this.

You will send a LOR matching form to the professors if they are sending physical letters, or AADSAS will email them a link of where to upload them electronically.

You aren't allowed to see the letters; you waive your right. There should be a form you sign acknowledging this.

You will send a LOR matching form to the professors if they are sending physical letters, or AADSAS will email them a link of where to upload them electronically.
Thanks for the quick response!! I have no idea what a LOR matching form is..... So I think I'll just go electronic lol seems a lot simpler. And where is this form for waiving my right to see the letters?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the quick response!! I have no idea what a LOR matching form is..... So I think I'll just go electronic lol seems a lot simpler. And where is this form for waiving my right to see the letters?
It's a form through AADSAS, so you can't even access it yet. The other form is usually given by your pre-health committee or professor; you just sign it and return it to them.

You should be emailing or visiting your professors during their office hours for letters of recommendation. Bring in your resume, grade report, and also your personal statement. Chat with them about yourself and your pursuits and see if they are willing to write you a letter. Try to do this as soon as possible, since it takes them a while to write it for you.

Once the application cycle opens June 1st, you will have a section for letters of recommendation. Go under that section and place their information (name, email) and submit a request. AADSAS will contact them by email requesting a letter of recommendation on your behalf. They email it back and it will appear as completed under their name. You don't have access to them, but the system lets you know that they were sent. It's good to get a letter from a dentist you shadowed and two science professors. You can throw an additional one (could be from someone involved with your volunteering or research) on top of that for a total of 4 letters.

I got mine from a biochemistry professor and neurobiology professor. The other two were from a periodontist and orthodontist that I work under and were familiar with my volunteering.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have chosen the professors I want for my letters, can I have them submit to my aadsas profile? How does it work. I'm confused as well. Do I have to wait until June 1st of next year when I graduate?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I have chosen the professors I want for my letters, can I have them submit to my aadsas profile? How does it work. I'm confused as well. Do I have to wait until June 1st of next year when I graduate?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You need to wait until June 1 to access your application. Once you can access your application, you type in the emails of the professors. They get an email that allows them to set up an account to upload their LORs for you

anyone know if the writers see what is in your application (gpa dat volunteer etc..)?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you know if I can submit my letters using both interfolio and the traditional way? I have 3 letters in interfolio from professors, still missing one from dentist which will be late. Can I just send out the letters I have in interfolio first when the app open, and have the dentist submit the his letter later?

Thank you for all the lovely responses :)

Now I have a question about transcripts. Do I request an official transcript from my university then send it to each dental school I'm applying to? How does this work?

How does it work if school A asks for 2 science prof and 1 dentist. Then school B asks for 1 science, 1 work, and 1 dentist. Does that mean you should have 4 letters in total of 2 science, 1 dentist, and 1 work? If so, how does AADSAS know which LoR to send to which school?

How does it work if school A asks for 2 science prof and 1 dentist. Then school B asks for 1 science, 1 work, and 1 dentist. Does that mean you should have 4 letters in total of 2 science, 1 dentist, and 1 work? If so, how does AADSAS know which LoR to send to which school?
lol i was wondering the same thing...... I'm so nervous about this whole application thing

All LORs on ADDSAS get sent to all of your schools

Thanks for answering.
Then the schools pick the specific LoR that their school require and read those? Or do they read all?
That I honestly have no idea on. I would guess they read all of them and treat the requirements as more of a minimum than a maximum (with the max being 4).

Somebody answer my question.. :( lol

Thank you for all the lovely responses :)

Now I have a question about transcripts. Do I request an official transcript from my university then send it to each dental school I'm applying to? How does this work?

You request an official transcript from your university for AADSAS. They will then standardize your grades and send those grades to all the schools you applied to. After you've interviewed and finally been accepted, the school that you will matriculate into will then request an official transcript from you directly. This is to make sure that you've graduated and completed all the coursework necessary to matriculate into dental school since your last interview.

Thank you!

When can I request an official transcript? When the application portal opens? Or is this something I can do now?

Hi guys~ hope everything is going well with your applications :)

I have a question about LORs. So I know the maximum is 4 letters & different schools have different requirements for who we should get the letters from. But idk how I can meet all the requirements for each school.. For example..

One school requires 1 from science, 1 from dentist, and 1 character reference.

Another school requires 3 LOR from faculty.

How am I supposed to submit LOR so that I can meet both school's requirements?

Thank you very much!

Hi guys~ hope everything is going well with your applications :)

I have a question about LORs. So I know the maximum is 4 letters & different schools have different requirements for who we should get the letters from. But idk how I can meet all the requirements for each school.. For example..

One school requires 1 from science, 1 from dentist, and 1 character reference.

Another school requires 3 LOR from faculty.

How am I supposed to submit LOR so that I can meet both school's requirements?

Thank you very much!

Contact the program? Maybe they'll let you send the missing letter(s) outside of AADSAS

Contact the program? Maybe they'll let you send the missing letter(s) outside of AADSAS
will do.
also..... i got a LOR from a pastor. what would i put down under Evaluator's School/Institution/Business?

will do.
also..... i got a LOR from a pastor. what would i put down under Evaluator's School/Institution/Business?

I believe Loma Linda is the only school that requires one from a spiritual advisor, so I'd send it to them directly and include others in your AADSAS application. Most schools want to see letters from elsewhere like science professors and dentists.

I believe Loma Linda is the only school that requires one from a spiritual advisor, so I'd send it to them directly and include others in your AADSAS application. Most schools want to see letters from elsewhere like science professors and dentists.

well, he's not my pastor in particular. he is the head coordinator of this christian organization i volunteer for and he happens to be a pastor haha i am using his letter for the character reference requirement for University of Washington. i just put down the name of the organization as the institution. thank you for your help :) and i have letters from science professors and dentist as well.

well, he's not my pastor in particular. he is the head coordinator of this christian organization i volunteer for and he happens to be a pastor haha i am using his letter for the character reference requirement for University of Washington. :) i have letters from science professors and dentist as well

Ah, yeah that would be fine then. I interviewed at UW so if you have any questions about the school feel free to shoot me a PM.