umsl PCO and ICO scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyer21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
i was wondering if anyone knows especially for umsl, how many scholarships are given out to first years. umsl only has 44 students admitted each year and I figured that most of the students would receive something. Is this true? But, ICO and PCO has bigger classes how many would be given out?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if things have changed since in the last few years, but I think almost everyone in my class received some type of scholarship. It is more money for non-residents than residents, just because tuition is more expensive for non-residents. I don't know what everyone else in my class gets, but mine (as a non-resident) is $14,000 per year ($7,000 toward each semester), which makes my tuition pretty close to being the same as resident tuition.

Members don't see this ad :)
o wow.. do u need a certain GPA or soemthing to get it?

Truthfully, I'm not exactly sure what role GPA/OAT scores play in determining the amount of the scholarship. My entering GPA and OAT scores were pretty good, and I'm sure that played a part, although I'm not sure how much. This scholarship is more of a departmental award. You don't actually apply for it- the day I interviewed at UMSL, they said, "We can offer you $14,000 per year if you choose to come here." Sorry I can't be of more help on that.

Thank you this helps, I am really interested in UMSL.