unaccepted academic performance HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liw002

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is the situation:

I was denied admission from UCSD after being granted one due to a D in my history class in high school, so I went to community college for two years and reapplied UCSD. BUT I got denied the admission after being granted one again by UCSD due to my GPA dropped below their requirement. I appealed it and they granted me admission for Spring instead of Fall.

so are they considered action for unaccepted academic performance?

Please HELP. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

D in history class of high school? How would they know? Is this for undergrad? -- If so boohoo I'd start at a CC so you can at least graduate on time. --Also, I'd wouldn't take any pre-reqs at the CC, just classes like english, social sciences, humanities, etc.

Here is the situation:

I was denied admission from UCSD after being granted one due to a D in my history class in high school, so I went to community college for two years and reapplied UCSD. BUT I got denied the admission after being granted one again by UCSD due to my GPA dropped below their requirement. I appealed it and they granted me admission for Spring instead of Fall.

so are they considered action for unaccepted academic performance?

Please HELP. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

I doubt it. You weren't even a student there at the time... and the performance wasn't at your school. If your community college didn't have problems with your performance there you should be fine. But, double check with both schools' registrars.

Members don't see this ad :)
D in history class of high school? How would they know? Is this for undergrad? -- If so boohoo I'd start at a CC so you can at least graduate on time. --Also, I'd wouldn't take any pre-reqs at the CC, just classes like english, social sciences, humanities, etc.

He got his admission rescinded during High school because of a D he got in his last semester. He then went to a CC and got into UCSD again only to have his admission rescinded a second time due his drop in GPA. He appealed and got in as a Spring admit.

I'm not so sure what he means by unaccepted academic performance.

I think he means "unacceptable." On AMCAS, there is a question: "Were you ever the recipient of any institutional action by any college or medical school for unacceptable academic performance or conduct violation...."

I don't think this would count. As long as you were in good standing at your community college, what UCSD thought of your CC grades doesn't matter. And if you've been in good standing at UCSD from the point at which you actually enrolled there, I am pretty sure you're fine.

He got his admission rescinded during High school because of a D he got in his last semester. He then went to a CC and got into UCSD again only to have his admission rescinded a second time due his drop in GPA. He appealed and got in as a Spring admit.

Thank you very much!! that's exactly what i meant.

Are you sure it was history you got a D in and not English? Your initial post was basically unintelligible and two other posters had to interpret it for you. And I'm still confused...

yes it was a history class in my last semester of high school. my admission got rescinded because of this D. let me know which part is confusing and i will explain. Thank you very much.

:confused: You're asking about college admissions, not medical school admissions, right? hSDN is more appropriate.

I think he's asking whether he needs to report this as institutional action on AMCAS. And I think the answer is no.

yes it was a history class in my last semester of high school. my admission got rescinded because of this D. let me know which part is confusing and i will explain. Thank you very much.

The confusing part is what is your question? Has it been answered, or do you still need something clarified?

The confusing part is what is your question? Has it been answered, or do you still need something clarified?

the question is, like kexy said, whether I need to report this as institutional action on AMCAS

the question is, like kexy said, whether I need to report this as institutional action on AMCAS

this doesn't sound like an institutional action. it sounds like an admittance problem to me, but not an IA.

If you're unsure, then pay attention to the instruction manual's wording:

If you are not certain whether or not you have been the subject of an institutional action, contact the registrar, student affairs officer, or other appropriate party at the institution for confirmation of your record.