Unbelievable!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beanbean

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Medic 21 crew you have a medical at .....

for a man who just got out of the shower and thinks he may have a TICK on his back! :eek:

You have got to be kidding me! This is a affluent town in CT - usually if someone calls EMS they at least sort of need it.

The dispatcher told them to make it a non-emergency response.

I guess it could be worse. It is only 10:30 at night, not 3AM! :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

One of my best "eh??" calls was to one of the psych nursing homes my private company was contracted with. The page we got was that the patient was a "threat to himself and others" and that we were taking him to one of the psych hospitals. When we get to the floor it ends up that the patient would consistently jack off in front of bedridden patients and the nursing home (as they like to do) wanted to get rid of him. This made for an interesting run report :D , and luckily he "behaved" during the ride. Ick how would that have been for a cleanup? :rolleyes:

LOL - JUST as I was reading the "tick" post - a call came in to dispatch... yep.. a tick

I had to mute the phone 'cause I was laughing too hard to speak.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apparently, there is a tick epidemic on the rise. Alert the mass casualty teams!

Follow-up note: Refusal -No patient transport. There is some sanity left in the world.

My personal favorite was running emergency to a residence for tooth pain.........she'd had for MONTHS!

talk about a waste of gas.

How bout priorty 1 mutual aid to a residence for a foot rash x 4 months... at 4AM!!!!

My husband once responded for a "bleeding mole". I applaud the patient's effort to have a suspicious skin lesion biopsy as soon as possible, but to call EMS at 2am - what??? are they thinking???

Had a young woman call one time for a "suspicious looking bite" that was giving her symptoms....... It was a pimple.... I hauled her but left her in triage.

I always love the........ My back has been hurting for years.....

So what possessed you to call for an ambulance at 2 am?????

Or the sore throat at 11 pm.

I worked in a system that used status management to cover a large area so every time someone moved every other squad moved to cover. so when someone calls 911 at 3 am for "impaled fb in arm" and it turns out to be a 1/4 inch splinter in the thumb that I took out in 2 sec with tweezers, not only did my partner and I get woken up but the 12 other squads in the county did too so that they could all leapfrog to another area to better cover the county as a whole.......and another crew had a really cool trauma code(high speed rollover in a mcdonalds parking lot with entrappment and multiple stat trauma pts) in our area while I was removing the damn splinter!!!!!!!!!!

"I gots da Amtrax! Yas need to take me to the hospital so I can git som o dat Crisco..." as heard in NYC.....after the rash of Anthrax mailings..... :laugh:

ROFL...thats hilarious! real;ly I need a scanner so I can keep up with all of the stuff EMS and Fire goes thru.

How about this one:

Med 1, respond to "insert all to familiar nursing home here" for pt with difficulty swallowing.

After a quick assessment, the patient was found to be quite certainly dead. Not just I choked and died, say about 10 minutes ago, but more like in rigor dead, stiff as a board! And to think that these NH ladies had been sitting there stuffing scrambled eggs in her mouth :eek: I'll pass on my last meal if you don't mind!

Steve