UNC acceptances anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blcws6

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

UNC admission committee is meeting today and should be calling accepted applicants tomorrow and Friday.

Right after I opened up my rejection letter from the University of Florida, I got a phone call from Dr. Marano @ UNC offering me not only acceptance, but an amazing scholarship. I was literally speechless. So, it looks like they should be calling applicants very soon. I wonder if I was the first... haha... Anyways, good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG......ME TOO!!!!!!!! Did you have your interview in Nov and currently married? I think I may have met you!!!! Superexcited!!!!!! Yes, I AM DEFINITELY GOING THERE!!!!!!

OMG......ME TOO!!!!!!!! Did you have your interview in Nov and currently married? I think I may have met you!!!! Superexcited!!!!!! Yes, I AM DEFINITELY GOING THERE!!!!!!

Actually, I had my interview on October 11th, and I'm not married.... :laugh: So maybe someone else from Miami that went to FSU? No clue, but congrats anyways!!

Congrats you guys! So excited for the class of lucky 2013! Can't wait to find out the rest of ya'll (at least half) :) Welcome!:D:D

so you guys got a call yesterday afternoon?

ACCEPTED TO UNC out-of-state baby!!!! :D:D:D

Got a call this morning at ~9:45AM...

Man this decision is going to be IMPOSSIBLE.

looks like u got quite a delimma there? wish i was that lucky

ACCEPTED TO UNC out-of-state baby!!!! :D:D:D

Got a call this morning at ~9:45AM...

Man this decision is going to be IMPOSSIBLE.

Taylor faced the same decision you're making, PSU. She chose wisely.

For anyone still waiting (particularly if you're in state), be PATIENT. Wait until February.

As an aside, the newly accepted folks are welcome to contact me if they need anything.

Sarah,
Do you think they're already done calling for today?
Sorry, Im on pins and needles waiting...

i seriously dont think they are done...there would be many more people posting on this thread if they had called everyone so far!! This waiting game sucks huh...ive been waiting 3 years!

Feel free to ask me any questions as well! PSU --- UNC = the best. ;)

I'm definitely with Sarah_bellum - don't freak out if you don't get a call today. They only accept half the class at this point. Some of 2012's coolest peeps got in in February (or later off of the waitlist!). And they're sitting right next to those accepted in December. No difference. Waiting sucks, I know -- but hope is not lost!!

I don't think they're done calling at all yet. My friend just got a call at 10:15.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Feel free to ask me any questions as well! PSU --- UNC = the best. ;)

I will definitely be asking you & sarah_bellum some questions. I'm just waiting to hear back from the last couple schools I interviewed at. I find it highly unlikely that I will accept something over the amazing offer that UNC presented me. It was also by far the best interview experience I had. Thanks for offering the help!

I will definitely be asking you & sarah_bellum some questions. I'm just waiting to hear back from the last couple schools I interviewed at. I find it highly unlikely that I will accept something over the amazing offer that UNC presented me. It was also by far the best interview experience I had. Thanks for offering the help!

I know we had a couple of kids who turned down UF for UNC.

Definitely jealous of the scholarship you got MiamiNole ;)... that would make my decision a no-brainer! Congrats again!

Sarah or Taylor... do either of you know how many scholarships UNC offers to out-of-state applicants?

Definitely jealous of the scholarship you got MiamiNole ;)... that would make my decision a no-brainer! Congrats again!

Sarah or Taylor... do either of you know how many scholarships UNC offers to out-of-state applicants?

I don't. Once you get here, you can apply for several Dental Foundation of NC scholarships, but getting them appears to be somewhat of a crapshoot. Hope to see you here in the fall.

Got the acceptance call this morning!!!!

Yeah, it was a great surprise. Like I said, I don't think I'm gonna get a better offer. Plus, in terms of quality, UNC has been at the top of my list since I interviewed there in early October. BTW, here's the link for the official acceptance thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=583442

PSU, where do you see yourself most likely getting into??

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a great surprise. Like I said, I don't think I'm gonna get a better offer. Plus, in terms of quality, UNC has been at the top of my list since I interviewed there in early October. BTW, here's the link for the official acceptance thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=583442

PSU, where do you see yourself most likely getting into??

To be honest, it's looking like UNC is going to be it for me. Maryland is #2, and Columbia rounds out my top 3.

I'm going to try to talk to Corky at Penn next week (or the week after... give them some time to breathe since they're prob getting endless calls/e-mails about Dec 1 acceptances) to see if she'll tell me how close I am to the top 25... if i'm nowhere near there (i.e. no chance of a "trickle down" of scholarships), then I can confidently give up my acceptance at Penn.

I am wait listed at UNC.

how did you find out that you are wait listed? did you call them? well..at least you heard something from them...man..

how did you find out that you are wait listed? did you call them? well..at least you heard something from them...man..

You wont believe this. My mom called!!! She wanted to give me a surprise with the acceptance. I think right there they changed me to WL. :(

Hey guys congrats on being accepted. I was wondering if your status changed on AADSAS since being accepted. I am still eagerly waiting to her from UNC. Thanks in advance.

To be honest, it's looking like UNC is going to be it for me. Maryland is #2, and Columbia rounds out my top 3.

I'm going to try to talk to Corky at Penn next week (or the week after... give them some time to breathe since they're prob getting endless calls/e-mails about Dec 1 acceptances) to see if she'll tell me how close I am to the top 25... if i'm nowhere near there (i.e. no chance of a "trickle down" of scholarships), then I can confidently give up my acceptance at Penn.

I just got offered the Dean's scholarship from UPenn. As great as this is, it just makes my decision that much harder. :confused:

Hey guys congrats on being accepted. I was wondering if your status changed on AADSAS since being accepted. I am still eagerly waiting to her from UNC. Thanks in advance.

I just checked for you. Interestingly, my status for UNC has changed to "Offer Accepted", and the Status Defined section reads "We have received your non-refundable commitment fee in the amount of $500.00. This amount will be applied towards your tuition upon registration and matriculation. Final matriculation orientation materials will be mailed to you throughout the summer. We look forward to your arrival at UNC School of Dentistry."

Someone jumped the gun for me :laugh:. Hope someone corrects that soon... this might be true in a few weeks, but I still have some thinking to do, haha.

They did the same thing for me....I am going to call up in the next week or so and let them know they put up the wrong status. Most likely I am going to send in the money sometime soon anyway, but I don't want there to be a mix up! I'm excited about meeting everyone.

got the call this morning at 8:30 while walkking to class in the 12 degree weather... she rubbed it in that it was going to be 60 in north carolina today and told me that i could come there....

oh and btw... i was accepted. LOL!

This was my 3rd time interviewing at Carolina and fourth year applying to dental school. Glad to be accepted after all this time. I got the call this morning at 9:45. Never give up!

Hermeyrocks....i wanna take on that attitude but its so hard to keep ur head up, as you know, when you continually get shot down by UNC...ive applied to a variety of schools for three years and have only interviewed at UNC each time, its very discouraging work so hard year after year and have someone who has only applied for the first time jump in and get a spot you feel like you are more deserving of...what a sob story i know, im just a little down thats all, we will have to wait and see what feb brings

not to mention i work right beside the school and have to look at it every morning as i walk into work.....

think that they will be calling more applicants today? or is it likely that we're looking to February :-/

any instate got an acceptance at UNC.
Interview was nov.15..guess I have to waitttttt , Ah

"Your application is currently in the process of being reviewed for acceptance. It will proceed through a multileveled review in which we consider such factors as your GPA, academic history, DAT scores, letters of evaluation/recommendation, investigation in the field of dentistry and all other factors presented in your application".

Is there any one getting this message in ADDSAS.. those who got accepted...

I am very worried..

I am getting that message too.
From what I was told, that just means we didn't make the December 1 group of candidates. Good news is that they've only filled half of the class and hopefully some people decide to go elsewhere. So we have to wait until late January/early February to find out.

I'm in-state and got accepted...got the call yesterday morning. Good luck though...

You wouldn't be the first to turn down the Dean's scholarship to come to UNC.

UPenn even with the scholarship is still crazy expensive. Cost of living is also higher in Philly than Chapel Hill. :) AND UPenn's class size is double UNC's. AND you live in the basement your first year (depressing) -- UNC has WINDOWS (natural lighting = not depressing)!!! And it is 60 degrees here now... and sunny much of the year!.. I could go on....

Go... to... UNC!! :love:

I'm in-state and got the acceptance call yesterday morning. I believe only half the class is filled up as of now; so you still have a good chance of hearing back in Feb. Goodluck.

They did the same thing for me....I am going to call up in the next week or so and let them know they put up the wrong status. Most likely I am going to send in the money sometime soon anyway, but I don't want there to be a mix up! I'm excited about meeting everyone.

Check you AADSAS now for UNC... they've already changed it with mine to read "Offer Made".

Thanks...I noticed they changed it today sometime. So, are you thinking of attending UNC or are you planning to take an offer somewhere else?

Check you AADSAS now for UNC... they've already changed it with mine to read "Offer Made".

You wont believe this. My mom called!!! She wanted to give me a surprise with the acceptance. I think right there they changed me to WL. :(

Aw, don't worry! They made the decisions at a meeting on the 3rd, so your mom didn't take you out of the running. At least 'waitlisted' isn't 'rejected' so keep your hopes up until February!

Thanks...I noticed they changed it today sometime. So, are you thinking of attending UNC or are you planning to take an offer somewhere else?

UNC is definitely sitting at the top of my list right now, but I have a lot to think about. I was extremely impressed with everything I saw at the interview (faculty, students, facilities, etc.) - I guess the biggest problem I have with UNC right now is that all of my family and friends are here in PA, so it'd be a big move. But now's the time to experience new places, right?

Plus, it'd be tough to pass up an out-of-state acceptance to UNC ;)...

Congrats to everyone!:hungover:

Last edited: