UNC applicants

Started by blcws6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

blcws6

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
for those of you that are wondering...the admissions committee is currently meeting as we speak, I work over this way and just walked by the room where they are meeting and couldnt help but take peek in the window. I hope my name comes up!! I wouldnt expect any calls today, probably tomorrow or friday. Good luck!!
 
for those of you that are wondering...the admissions committee is currently meeting as we speak, I work over this way and just walked by the room where they are meeting and couldnt help but take peek in the window. I hope my name comes up!! I wouldnt expect any calls today, probably tomorrow or friday. Good luck!!

WIRE TAP! WIRE TAP! pull the fire alarm!!! lol

Hopefully my name will come up too 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are calling on Monday, is that correct?

I've heard conflicting reports that it'll be either Friday, the 30th, that they're calling or Monday the 1st. I guess I'll give them a call tomorrow to find out for sure.

Anybody on here know for sure?
 
ill swing by the office tomorrow morning and ask...im thinkin its gonna be friday
 
I already called UNC and the lady said they will be calling people FIRST thing on Nov 30! So if you are accepted you should hear something on Nov 30. Last year I know two people that got accepted one of them got a call around 7:30 am and the other one got one around 9 am...so it should be fairly early in the morning. Good luck! :luck:
 
I already called UNC and the lady said they will be calling people FIRST thing on Nov 30! So if you are accepted you should hear something on Nov 30. Last year I know two people that got accepted one of them got a call around 7:30 am and the other one got one around 9 am...so it should be fairly early in the morning. Good luck! :luck:

YOU ROCK!! Thank you!
 
I already called UNC and the lady said they will be calling people FIRST thing on Nov 30! So if you are accepted you should hear something on Nov 30. Last year I know two people that got accepted one of them got a call around 7:30 am and the other one got one around 9 am...so it should be fairly early in the morning. Good luck! :luck:

Were the last names of your two friends near the beginning of the alphabet? I heard that they called in alphabetical order.
 
Has anyone tried the "view source" on their AADSAS status page to see if it have been accepted or not?

p.s. I saw Dr. Guckes and a bunch of other ppl in a conference room in the dental school yesterday morning...there were folders and papers all over the room...I believe it was "the meeting"!! 😎
 
I don't think it is in alphabetical order b/c both of their last names starts with a G...but I would be wrong...I don't know..


Were the last names of your two friends near the beginning of the alphabet? I heard that they called in alphabetical order.
 
I don't think it is in alphabetical order b/c both of their last names starts with a G...but I would be wrong...I don't know..

Dang, I heard at the interview that they would be calling people alphabetically -_-

sigh.

I don't know what to think now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so its 7:45 and havent heard anything yet....damnit!!! This is killing me!!
 
Dang, I heard at the interview that they would be calling people alphabetically -_-

sigh.

I don't know what to think now.

For once i wish my last name was NOT at the end of the alphabet. Ugh...i can't concentrate on anything now. Thank god for SDN and facebook to help pass the time!
 
mine starts with s, maybe i have a chance... Tay, are you an in-state resident? just seeing how many seats left for out of staters...
 
I am a very unusual case. I have been fighting to be considered a resident there, but I just got a personal call from the UNC dent residency man (I have been emailing him for months and months) and he said I am actually in as out-of-state. Once I am married (my fiance is an NC resident) in June, then I will be considered in-state. So I got in as an out-of-stater, but I made it very clear in my app that I consider myself in-state... etc.. so it probably had some influence.
 
its 10:05 right now and still no call...they might be finished already...anyone know for sure? 🙁 (I am actually AT WORK...so I better go now...)
 
im gonna wait about 30 mins then go down to the office and ask em what the deal is....and find out whos ass i gotta kiss to get in
 
yeah, I imagine they've made the calls they'll make. Which sucks because I was really expecting to get in today, UNC is my top choice and my best hope.

oh well, I guess there's always the second round
 
im gonna wait about 30 mins then go down to the office and ask em what the deal is....and find out whos ass i gotta kiss to get in

let us know what you find out! i'm worried they're done making thier phone calls, but then again, they do have to call 80 people..
 
it looks like it is only terry barker making the calls. that's a lot of phone calls for one woman.
 
let us know what you find out! i'm worried they're done making thier phone calls, but then again, they do have to call 80 people..



I thought it was only 40? they do a two stage selection process, and the other forty get calls early next year, if I remember correctly from my interviews
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought it was only 40? they do a two stage selection process, and the other forty get calls early next year, if I remember correctly from my interviews

oh right, sorry about that...well then 40 people isn't that much if she's only spending a minute on the phone. it shouldn't take more than 2 hours...now i'm really getting worried!
 
i forget where i heard but i thought they filled the class today? i could be wrong though. not sure.
 
i forget where i heard but i thought they filled the class today? i could be wrong though. not sure.



no, I've been through Dr. Guckes' admissions talk several times now, they fill half now and half in febuary. But if you don't get in today you're still considered for the second round. Last year I was part of the fourth (of four) interview day in january (the other three have already happened). UNC isn't rolling admissions, so there are still plenty of spots.
 
ohhh yeah i do remember that now 🙁 but still, ms barker may even be taking a break btwn outa-staters and in-staters.
 
its possible, and I hope you're right because my family knows they're supposed to call this morning, so if I call home right now I give them false hope...
 
OH man, my friend and i are out of state and she got accepted like half an hour ago. 🙁



i know I'm outa luck now. It'll just take time to sink in. I don't understand either, because its my second year applying, I had 22AA 22TS 25RC 23BIO and 24 PAT on the DAT and a decent (but not strong- 3.2-3.3) GPA, plus plenty of shadowing and tons of research experience... and a hell of an essay. and my interiews are still my strongest category... I just don't get it 🙁.
 
i know I'm outa luck now. It'll just take time to sink in. I don't understand either, because its my second year applying, I had 22AA 22TS 25RC 23BIO and 24 PAT on the DAT and a decent (but not strong- 3.2-3.3) GPA, plus plenty of shadowing and tons of research experience... and a hell of an essay. and my interiews are still my strongest category... I just don't get it 🙁.

I dont think they are doing it alphabetically because someone with a "v" got in around 9am and you're friend with a "p" got in about 30min ago...so maybe we still have a chance?
 
Just returned a call to Terry Barker, and she's out of the office right now.

So I wouldn't expect any calls for a little bit, if there are more to be made.
 
Just returned a call to Terry Barker, and she's out of the office right now.

So I wouldn't expect any calls for a little bit, if there are more to be made.

Just got off the phone with someone from the Admissions office, they said they are done making all their offers for this round...looks like we'll have to wait for February
 
Just got off the phone with someone from the Admissions office, they said they are done making all their offers for this round...looks like we'll have to wait for February

Man, you are the bringer of bad news....but thanks. At least i know now and i can continue with my life.🙁