UNC Chair?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DR. JJ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yesterday the UNC Dept. of Anesthesia website listed Dr. Boysen as the chair. Today it has changed to Dr. Norfleet. Anybody know what is going on at UNC?

Members don't see this ad.

DR. JJ said:
Yesterday the UNC Dept. of Anesthesia website listed Dr. Boysen as the chair. Today it has changed to Dr. Norfleet. Anybody know what is going on at UNC?

Dr. Norfleet took over as chair at the beginning of the year. As I understand it, Dr. Boysen was appointed Dean of Graduate Medical Education (or something like that) at UNC, but he will still be spending some time in the anesthesiology department. Someone please correct me if I have this wrong.

I interviewed with Dr. Norfleet last year and he was one of the highlights of my interview. He is a great guy and I think will serve UNC well.

Gotta second the comment. I interviewed with Norfleet, was incredibly impressed. I thought Norfleet used to be chairman in the past. I wouldn't consider this a drop in their leadership in the slightest, moreover a lateral move if ever there was an example.