UNC dentistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PSU SHC 414

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm trying to narrow down my list of schools, and based on everything I've read so far, UNC is looking like one of my top choices.

If anyone (especially those that are currently at UNC) would be willing to share their opinions about UNC dentistry, I'd really appreciate it.

I am well aware of the fact that it's pretty difficult to gain admission as an out-of-state applicant, but I think (hope) my application will be pretty competitive.

Also, does anyone know if you're still able to apply for NC state residency after one year of being a dental student at UNC?

THANKS!

Members don't see this ad.

There is another thread addressing this and according to that it looks as if UNC is a very good school. Good luck getting in there.

Just looked at your pre-dents profile...doubt you will have any trouble at all getting in most places....

Members don't see this ad :)
Just looked at your pre-dents profile...doubt you will have any trouble at all getting in most places....

Haha I appreciate the vote of confidence... you look like a pretty strong candidate yourself based on your DAT scores and GPA.

I found the UNC post you mentioned, and it did help a little bit. Sounds like the interview is a significant part of their consideration, which I'm not worried about at all... I just want to get the opportunity to interview there.

UNC is an excellent school with a great reputation.... You can also get instate tuition after one year. Though you are out of state. Which means it is extremely tough to get into that school. I Know an instate student with great stats 22 DAT and around 3.85 gpa and applied and didnt get in. Not saying your not, but they only take 20 percent out of state. Though it is worth a shot.... GOOD LUCK TO YOU