UNC DPT Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcn002

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else been admitted? or received packets in the mail yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I did! Hence my username. =) Did you make a decision? I see by your older posts that you had a few choices....

Just curious if you two interviewed at Duke... and your thoughts between Duke and UNC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious if you two interviewed at Duke... and your thoughts between Duke and UNC.

I only applied to Carolina, so I don't know much about Duke and its program. I shadowed a Duke PT grad and he was awesome, if that helps any. Are you applying this Fall, with hope of starting in August 2012?

yuuup I did...you know anyone else that did?

Did you accept at Carolina? If so, I am looking forward to meeting you! :)If not, where did you accept? I don't know any others who have been accepted - I was hoping more would post here. I guess we'll hear more next month....

How large is the class of 2014 at UNC? When I went to the info session last year, they said they try to limit it to 30 students max.

I am applying this year, for entry in Aug 2012.

How large is the class of 2014 at UNC? When I went to the info session last year, they said they try to limit it to 30 students max.

I am applying this year, for entry in Aug 2012.

I'm not sure yet - we're all trying to find out who was given offers and who accepted. When I interviewed, I tried to get a feel for how many would be admitted this year, and I got the same impression - that it would be somewhere between 24 and 30 students. I wish I could tell you more but I just don't know at this point and don't want to misinform you. :confused: Are you taking classes now? If so, where are you taking them?

Are you taking classes now? If so, where are you taking them?

I am taking my pre-reqs at UNC, Wake Tech and Durham Tech. I plan to apply to Duke also, although UNC is my first choice by far. Duke has more pre-reqs in life-science classes than UNC, so I have to plan it out carefully.

I am taking my pre-reqs at UNC, Wake Tech and Durham Tech. I plan to apply to Duke also, although UNC is my first choice by far. Duke has more pre-reqs in life-science classes than UNC, so I have to plan it out carefully.

Please check your private messages - I just sent you one. =) Also, I shadowed at WakeMed Cary, and got to know one of the DPT's there who graduated from Duke. Let me know if you would like to speak to her. She's an awesome PT!

I only applied to Carolina, so I don't know much about Duke and its program. I shadowed a Duke PT grad and he was awesome, if that helps any. Are you applying this Fall, with hope of starting in August 2012?

Thank you for replying. Yes, I will be applying to both Duke and UNC this Fall for the start of August 2012. Based on their academic reputation and that they are close in location... I can't go wrong with either one.
I was hoping to get some inside prospective for those who have interviewed at both places.

From looking at APTA.org; looks like I have a better chance getting into Duke since UNC only accepts b/w 24-30 students (giving preference to North Carolina residents).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you for replying. Yes, I will be applying to both Duke and UNC this Fall for the start of August 2012. Based on their academic reputation and that they are close in location... I can't go wrong with either one.
I was hoping to get some inside prospective for those who have interviewed at both places.

From looking at APTA.org; looks like I have a better chance getting into Duke since UNC only accepts b/w 24-30 students (giving preference to North Carolina residents).

I can tell you that UNC's Class of 2014 is 30 students. As far as Duke, I'm not sure what their class size is

Duke enrolls about 70 students per year...i was just wondering what is minimum gpa that Duke requires?