UNC DPT Class of 2015

Started by jblil
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jblil

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent my deposit in. Has anybody else committed to UNC? We could start a FB group...

BTW I've lived in Chapel Hill since 1997; if you're out-of-state and need info on the area or the school, ask away.
 
Do you guys mind posting your stats for me? I am hoping to be in the UNC class of 2016, so it would be helpful if I could compare myself to accepted students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys mind posting your stats for me? I am hoping to be in the UNC class of 2016, so it would be helpful if I could compare myself to accepted students.
PTCAS pre-req (Science & Math) 3.85
PTCAS overall 3.59 (includes graduate work)
GRE: 1460 (680V-780Q-4.0W)
About 230 hours in various settings.
If you go on the UNC DPT web page and look at the admssion statistics for accepted students, you will see the ranges for grades and GRE's. From what I heard, the essays and interview count for a lot.
 
Last edited:
YEAHHHH UNC-DPT CLASS OF 2015!!! I sent my deposit in last week. When is everyone moving to Chapel Hill? Anyone have any advice on where to live? Let's do the fb group...
 
I'd advise you to find a place along MLK Blvd, one of the two main streets of Chapel Hill. There are lots of buslines going up and down MLK, so you'll never have to wait very long for a bus. Buses are free. OTOH, finding a parking spot in town or on campus is a nightmare. PM me if you want more details.
 
Congrats to all, looking forward to meeting everyone in August! I'm moving in from Ohio so any living advice would be great.

GPA: 3.51
Pre-Req- 3.5
Biochemistry Major
Last 60 hours - 3.9
GRE 1270
100 Hours of shadowing at Neuro, Pediatric, In Patient, Sports Medicine, and Outpatient.
 
GPA overall- 2.9 (rough start)
GPA last 60 credits-3.8 ( this is what UNC looks at)
Gre- 920
I had tons of hours and was also a rehab tech in a SNF. I also had 2 undergrad research projects, that I presented at ACSM.