UNC, ECU, Duke interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I heard there is no deposit at ECU. Does anyone know when the graduate school sends their information?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone hear from ECU? I am talking about peole who applied for the regular decision.

i just got an interview invite today. for those that had the early interview, any advice? i've been through four interviews already, but havent heard anything about the style of ecu questions or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
The early decision interview it was composed of 3 interviews, 1 by a student who has seen your file, 1 is with a professor who has seen your file and the 3rd is panel style with 3 interviewers (1 professor, 1 clinician and 1 student) who have not seen your file. The panel was by far the most nerve racking... and the best advice I can give is to go in with LOTS of questions because in each of the interviews they ask if you have any. Best of luck to all interviewing...

Anybody interviewed at UNC this past Saturday (1/21)? What do you think of the school? It has become my first choice.

They did a great job with the interview day. I'm anxious to hear a decision.

UNC interview day was great! School, professors, and students were very warm and welcoming. This is going to be a long 2 weeks to
hear if I got in.

Fantastic program at UNC, well run interview day. I am really impressed.

2Fit, I was about to start a thread on that. I have had my application in since early October and have not heard anything from Duke. (They did send me a confirmation they would get back to me within 2 months.... WOOPS).

I am in the same boat on Duke!! I emailed them around December and they said that a decision has not yet been made on my application. According to the original email I received when they were confirming my application they said 2 months which would have been December and it is almost February and still nothing... I may give them a call later on. We shall see! Keep me posted and I will do the same!

I had to decline Duke's offer, so one spot has opened up. Good luck to all.

Duke already has had 3 rounds of interviews in Nov, Dec & Jan, and Jan 9th was the last scheduled interview date, to the best of my knowledge, for those individuals originally selected for an interview. I know that the Nov & Dec interviewees have already received their acceptances. Haven't seen anyone indicate that they are waitlisted, but it doesn't look too good for anyone that hasn't gone for an interview yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know any stats on how many people decline a seat at UNC, for whatever reason?,most likely cost of out of state tuition.

I know a couple of folks who interviewed at UNC last year, and got on the waiting list (one was very high on the list). Neither of them made it into the class. So that one data point indicates that not many folks declined a seat, last year.

I'm really curious to know how many offers would be extended to the 60 folks brought in to be interviewed. I am sure the school has fine-tuned the number of people it invites to interviews as well as the offers it extends, based on historical acceptance rate.

Did the head of the adcom mention that they received 634 apps this year? I didn't quite catch the number he quoted.

I think the number was 434 applicants, 67 interviews and they offer 30 seats.

Also, everyone makes the waitlist and will be notified as to what position they are on the waitlist.

sorry if this is already covered in another thread but has anyone heard back from UNC or Duke yet? Had interviews two weeks ago at both but haven't heard a word yet on either...feeling pretty nervous about it :scared:

Nope no word from UNC yet, it will be 2 weeks on Saturday.

I haven't heard anything back from Duke. No interview invitation or rejection. Anyone else in the same boat?

UNC is emailing those who interviewed on 1/21. I got in.

Anyone know any stats on how many people decline a seat at UNC, for whatever reason?,most likely cost of out of state tuition.
Hey folks - I am currently a first year DPT student at UNC. To answer your questions, the number of qualified applicants was narrowed down to 434 from a larger applicant pool. There are two students in our class this year who were wait listed, and then got in because 2 other students who got offers declined. Thank you for your kind words regarding interview day. We wanted you all to feel as comfortable as we did on our interview day last year. If you have any questions, feel free to post or PM me. And welcome to UNC!!!

I haven't heard anything back from Duke. No interview invitation or rejection. Anyone else in the same boat?
Yeah I have not received any communication from them at all. Not sure if I am happy or sad about it.
I Guess no news can be good news?