UNC interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JesseBrad3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who all has an interview with UNC on October 23?

Members don't see this ad.

JesseBrad3 said:
Who all has an interview with UNC on October 23?
JesseBrad3, when did you submit your online application?

submitted my AADSAS 7/5, and my supplemental on 8/8. They called about 2 weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have one on October 16th, does that help?

StarJumper, are you a NC resident? UNC usually schedules most of its out-of-state applicants during the first interview which this year is October 16th. Generally, it always helps to apply and interview as early as possible.

Hey Jesse - I am a North Carolina resident :) Are you?

Hey Starjumper, yup I'm a NC resident too. If your interviewing on the 16th, don't be surprised if you meet lots of out-of-staters (especially from Utah) because thats when UNC likes to interview most of its out-of-state candidates as I understand. Where did you go for undergrad?

JesseBrad3 said:
Hey Starjumper, yup I'm a NC resident too. If your interviewing on the 16th, don't be surprised if you meet lots of out-of-staters (especially from Utah) because thats when UNC likes to interview most of its out-of-state candidates as I understand. Where did you go for undergrad?

I am an out of stater (from Utah of course) and I will be there on the 23rd, I can't wait, UNC is my top choice although I just got back today from Ohio State and I about fell in love with everything there. I hope UNC is as good as everyone says it is. I'm so excited.

what is the big deal on UNC?

i mean, for out of staters.. i understand from an instate perspective.

I'll be there on the 16th - Jesse called it, I'm flying out from Utah. I'm stoked! :)

Haha typo... good luck, and I hope it goes well.

MrBenny said:
what is the big deal on UNC?

The big deal is that from what I have heard, out-of-state students are able to become North Carolina residents and gain in-state status after their first year. Since Utah has no in-state dental schools, it is nice to apply to schools that will let you become a resident of that state for tuition purposes. Maybe this policy has changed, I don't know but last I heard was that this is true.

I'll be there Oct 23rd and am an in-state student! I took a tour of the school a few weeks ago and it seems like they are putting a lot of work into the facilities. What's the deal with the 'informal reception' on the friday night beforehand??

The students provide pizza and drinks. I think it's just a time to meet with students and get their perspective and opinion on the school. I'm looking forward to it.

JavadiCavity said:
The students provide pizza and drinks. I think it's just a time to meet with students and get their perspective and opinion on the school. I'm looking forward to it.

Ill be at UNC on the 23rd as well.

See yaw'l on the 23rd! (MI res.)