Program-Specific Info / Q's UNC MSOT CO' 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bujokwen

Reaction score
Hello there! I'm trying to get a feel of the incoming UNC MSOT class :) Anyone who was recently accepted or interviewed by the UNC OT program - hey! Nice to meet you :) Would you mind sharing stats, if UNC is your first choice, etc?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I interviewed and am waiting to hear back. I'm still deciding between a few other schools (mostly Boston University) but I'm definitely interested in UNC! I'm from out of state though so that's one thing I'm hesitant about because I know most of the cohort is in-state.

Hello! I had my interview on the 5th and it was a really positive experience. My stats are psychology major 3.997 GPA, prerequisite GPA of 4.0, no GRE, one letter of recommendation from an OTR, two from professors, and one from a professional capacity. I currently work as a behavior technician for kiddos who have ASD but I also have experience as a research assistant, a special education student teacher, 46 hours as an ot volunteer in outpatient pediatrics (was hoping to get more but ...COVID :/. ), and around 30 hours of experience through the NCOTA fall conference.

Has anyone heard news on acceptances yet? UNC is my top choice.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I interviewed and am waiting to hear back. I'm still deciding between a few other schools (mostly Boston University) but I'm definitely interested in UNC! I'm from out of state though so that's one thing I'm hesitant about because I know most of the cohort is in-state.
That's awesome! Both excellent choices IMO. I did a summer program at UNC a few years back, and I find that although it's mostly in-state students, it's a very diverse environment :)

Hello! I had my interview on the 5th and it was a really positive experience. My stats are psychology major 3.997 GPA, prerequisite GPA of 4.0, no GRE, one letter of recommendation from an OTR, two from professors, and one from a professional capacity. I currently work as a behavior technician for kiddos who have ASD but I also have experience as a research assistant, a special education student teacher, 46 hours as an ot volunteer in outpatient pediatrics (was hoping to get more but ...COVID :/. ), and around 30 hours of experience through the NCOTA fall conference.

Has anyone heard news on acceptances yet? UNC is my top choice.
The interviewee packet says that decisions will be emailed on the 22nd! So close!

Reactions: 1 users
That's awesome! Both excellent choices IMO. I did a summer program at UNC a few years back, and I find that although it's mostly in-state students, it's a very diverse environment :)
Oh cool, that's good to know. Is UNC your top choice?

What did yall hear from UNC? I was put on the waitlist which is disappointing, but I'm pretty low on the list so I'm optimistic that I'll get in (fingers and toes crossed) 🙏 .

I was accepted! I am sure if you are low on the list that you'll have a good chance of getting in. Best of luck!

I was accepted! I am sure if you are low on the list that you'll have a good chance of getting in. Best of luck!
thank you :) and congratulations on your acceptance!! Is unc your top choice?

thank you :) and congratulations on your acceptance!! Is unc your top choice?
Thank you! I'm pretty sure it is, just trying to make my final decision between that and Boston University.

So excited to meet everyone :). I know that there isn't an official group chat/ FB for our cohort yet (at least that I'm aware of) but if anyone wants to connect on IG my user name is @abigail_mccoy_ (the person whose profile photo is a cat). I recently moved to Durham at the end of December so while I'm not the most insightful, I'm happy to attempt to answer any questions out-of-state peeps might have about the triangle area.

Reactions: 1 users
So excited to meet everyone :). I know that there isn't an official group chat/ FB for our cohort yet (at least that I'm aware of) but if anyone wants to connect on IG my user name is @abigail_mccoy_ (the person whose profile photo is a cat). I recently moved to Durham at the end of December so while I'm not the most insightful, I'm happy to attempt to answer any questions out-of-state peeps might have about the triangle area.
Love this idea! My insta is @ultramarissa :) would love to chat with any cohort member