UNC or Ohio State?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziyi999

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I really want to hear some suggestions from you guys on how to choose pharmacy school. I will be really appreciated!

I got accepted to UNC-chapel hill, Ohio State and waitlist at UW. UW was my first choice, however, when I was there for the interview, I felt their professor who interviewed me was kinda arrogant, so I did not do well. But I really love Seattle. That might be the only reason why I want to go to UW that much. Does anyone know if there is still a chance of getting off the waitlist?

I went to OSU for my undergrad and was a little tired of the cold weather. UNC seems to be a great school. Their faculty and students were really hospitable. The only drawback of UNC is probably its location. Chapel hill is such a small city with nothing around it... :dead:

Thank you so much for taking time review this post. Could anyone give me some suggestions, please? Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

In regards to UW, in the past they have eventually accepted most of their wait listed applicants after they finishing interviewing everyone by March, but nothing is guaranteed. You could email them at least once asking about the status of your application or if there is anything you can do like sending in new transcripts to help your case. Good luck!

In regards to UW, in the past they have eventually accepted most of their wait listed applicants after they finishing interviewing everyone by March, but nothing is guaranteed. You could email them at least once asking about the status of your application or if there is anything you can do like sending in new transcripts to help your case. Good luck!
Thank you so much for your info!!! I am feeling much better!!! Wish you all the best!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got waitlisted for both UNC and ohio state lol .... Wish i was in ur situation. lol ......

I got waitlisted for both UNC and ohio state lol .... Wish i was in ur situation. lol ......
Ohio State does not keep a long waitlist. My advisor sent out email last week saying that application deadline is extended to March 1st. So, looks like they are not full yet. There might be a lot of students like me may drop our spots in these schools. So, don't be disappointed. There is still chance!

Ohio State does not keep a long waitlist. My advisor sent out email last week saying that application deadline is extended to March 1st. So, looks like they are not full yet. There might be a lot of students like me may drop our spots in these schools. So, don't be disappointed. There is still chance!
Thanks for the info. :) UNC is my first choice tho just because I'm in state and I'm currently an undergraduate at UNC... My chance for unc is low lol.... so hopefully I can get in Ohio state... :D