UNC Post-Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Even if we did email and they responded, we probably wouldn't get an exact date. I'm just expecting to not hear anything for at least 7-8 weeks after my interview which would be early-mid March. That way, if I get something sooner, I'll be (hopefully pleasantly) surprised :)

Members don't see this ad.

YAY!!! I got in to UNC pharmacy school. My interview date was on December 15th and I got a letter in the mail today!!! Good luck to all of you, I hope you all get in.

Wow Congratulations! That's so exciting! I hope I can say the same in about a month :)

Could you tell us your stats? Also, did you apply/interview anywhere else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's a good link that includes some of our stats:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=344934

See, I had this gut feeling that they might be sending out acceptance letters soon because when I did the transcript thingy last week the woman ask me that if I received an admissions letter in a few weeks would I register online for this A&P I lab I need to take.
Secreast84 said:
YAY!!! I got in to UNC pharmacy school.
In the words of Borat, "niiiccceee."

WoW!!! That is so exciting -- congratulations!!!!!!

I hope I can hear that same news in about a month!!! *Crossing my fingers*

Congratulations!!!!!! :) we're all waiting on pins and needles now! haha

I think that it will take a little longer for everyone else to get the decision. The poster who got in seems to go to NC State and that is only 25 miles away from UNC-Chapel Hill!!

That's true, for those not near UNC.

I actually attend UNC-Chapel Hill, though. I know I'll be waiting at least about a month more because I was just interviewed on January 17th.

Just for curiosity, Seacrest84, what were your stats and are you NC State student? And did you apply to Wingate and Campbell as well? I know Campbell's admissions are kind of weird, so it is entirely possible (especially in-state), and most likely, for someone to get into UNC and not Campbell.

Just for curiosity, Seacrest84, what were your stats and are you NC State student? And did you apply to Wingate and Campbell as well? I know Campbell's admissions are kind of weird, so it is entirely possible (especially in-state), and most likely, for someone to get into UNC and not Campbell.

My GPA is a 3.8. My composite score is 84 and for UNC calculations my score is a 395. I am an NC State student. I applied to Campbell and Wingate. I recieved my acceptance letter from Campbell the day before I was supposed to have my Wingate interview, in late November. I did not go to the Wingate interview since Campbell was higher on my list.

Question...

Has UNC cashed everyones Supplemental application check?? I'm pretty sure mine never came out of my bank account...as of today. Just a little worried about why they wouldn't have cashed it yet.

Congratulations, Seacrest84! I am so happy for you. So will you actually go to UNC or you like Campbell more? It is so nice to be accepted in two schools.

Those of you who get in or are waiting for an interview:

UNC is one of thebest schools in the nation with well-sought after grads. Be at the top of your interviewing game going in to the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you who get in or are waiting for an interview:

UNC is one of thebest schools in the nation with well-sought after grads. Be at the top of your interviewing game going in to the interview.

I don't really understand this comment, but thanks. I think most of us on here are pretty much trying to be on our game at any interview, not just UNC.

Congrats to you guys that got into UNC. I hope you end up where you wanted to be.

I just wanted to share my experience as a PY1... I HATED my first semester. I thought the teachers were horrible, the atmosphere was cold, and I really wondered if I'd made a mistake in coming here. I had one class that I enjoyed, and that was an elective.

Now that I've made it through the first semester, I can say honestly that semester two is MUCH better. The teachers are so much better, the classes seem more relevant and I feel better overall about the school.

I don't know if I just needed to acclimate to the environment, or what.

But it just occurred to me the other day that two of my teachers this semester are very involved in private industry (as in CEOs with successful drug companies or consultants) and several others are clinical faculty at Duke and UNC hospitals... A brief search through the UNC faculty on the website and some googling revealed that there is just a TON of collaboration between UNC faculty and private industry. Many of these faculty are CEOs or consultants or major players in the industry. These are really smart, really successful people, doing cutting edge research. And they are very accessible. So that's pretty cool. So I feel lucky to be here. And I can say that the curriculum has improved a lot this semester. :thumbup:

Thank you, DHG. Very interesting and relevant info. I really hope to join you in Pharmacy school, but it is out of my hands right now. I did what I could.

I have an interview at UNC soon and i will be travelling from out of state? Can anyone give me and idea of where i can stay for the interview and any helpful tips/info. that you may have for the interview. Did you write an essay at your interview?. It is my first time going to North Carolina and i don't know anyone there. Any info. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

hey butterfly18. i had my interview at UNC last week. i drove up there from gainesville, fl and stayed at the hampton inn. it was about 3 miles from the school. we got to campus pretty early and walked around and saw the library and bookstore and everything. parking wasn't too bad early in the morning. about the interview, it wasn't too bad, the student info session (given by students) was very helpful. i didn't have to write an essay. my only complaint was that since i was in the first interview session (at noon) and my tour was last on my list, it got cut short so they could do the other session. besides that, UNC was great. if you have any more questions, let me know.

hi, i just found this website this week. it's nice to see other people that are going through the same situations. i had my interview on Jan. 17th in the first session, so now i'm doing the whole waiting thing. i was wondering if anyone knows how many out of state people that they interview? well, good luck to everyone and keep me posted if you hear anything new.

hi, i just found this website this week. it's nice to see other people that are going through the same situations. i had my interview on Jan. 17th in the first session, so now i'm doing the whole waiting thing. i was wondering if anyone knows how many out of state people that they interview? well, good luck to everyone and keep me posted if you hear anything new.

I wish I knew how many they interviewed from out-of-state as well. If I was to ponder a guess, I would say something like 80-100 out of the ~260 they interview. This is just a guesstimate from the 29 people in the 2pm interview session I attended. It seemed the majority of people were from NC, but only about 65% or so. I would think they will probably take a max of 40 people from out-of-state, even though they say 18% is what they take. I don't think by law they have to stick with that number. Someone please correct me if what I'm saying is wrong.

I wish I knew how many they interviewed from out-of-state as well. If I was to ponder a guess, I would say something like 80-100 out of the ~260 they interview. This is just a guesstimate from the 29 people in the 2pm interview session I attended. It seemed the majority of people were from NC, but only about 65% or so. I would think they will probably take a max of 40 people from out-of-state, even though they say 18% is what they take. I don't think by law they have to stick with that number. Someone please correct me if what I'm saying is wrong.
UNC Class of 2010 stats:

11 students in the ECSU/UNC-CH Partnership program

4 Male, 7 Female

2 Black, 7 White, 1 Other, 1 Unknown

Anson, Durham, Forsyth, Iredell, Onslow, Pasquotank, Union, Wake and Wayne Counties and the state of Ohio

8 degreed, 3 non-degreed

140 students at UNC Chapel Hill

104 resident, 36 non-resident

48 Male, 92 Female

12 Black, 96 White, 2 American Indian, 12 Asian, 2 Hispanic

16 Unknown/Other

38 NC counties and 21 states

90 degreed, 50 non-degreed

That means 37 people out of state. 36 at UNC and 1 person from Ohio at the ECSU off-campus program.

37/151 out-of-state means (24% which is more than the 18%)

ufgator, if you got into UNC, would you go there over UF (assuming that you got into both UNC and UF pharmacy schools?) I think it would cost a lot more, and the two pharmacy schools are quite comparable although I would give an edge to UNC.

thanks for your help. right now, i am thinking that UNC is my first choice. ever since my interview at UNC, i've really wanted to go there. plus, uf has been a total pain throughout the entire application process, so that isn't helping. besides, the size of the class at UF is twice that at UNC. my biggest issue with UNC is how far i'll be from home. if i did go to UNC, i would try to get in state status after the first year, to cut down on cost difference.

thanks for the info DHG. i really appreciate it.

I received my acceptance letter today! My interview was on January 17th. It was dated January 24th..crazy!

YAY! :)

I received my acceptance letter today! My interview was on January 17th. It was dated January 24th..crazy!

YAY! :)

Good for you. See, I told you that you didn't have anything to worry about.

Congratulations!!!!! Now I have hope that mine will arrive soon!

The letter was dated the 24th, that means the committee met on that day for our group and wrote letters for some. You didn't receive it in the mail until the 27th, and you live in the same town....wishful thinking suggests for those who live outside of Chapel Hill that good news should come early this week.

What about those of us that met on the 12th? :( Anyone from that group received anything???

nothing here :(

Congratulations CarrollR! :)
You said you're an undergrad at UNC right? How many years have you done---will you graduate before starting pharm school? Also, would you mind telling us your stats?

i have to agree with acetyl. so i can say for sure that i will be frantically checking my mail all week next week. hopefully, we'll all hear soon. as for the Jan. 12 group, maybe they are looking at that section with those applications from the 17th, since the dates are so close together. well, congrats CarrollR. i hope to hear good news soon.

Thanks everyone :)

MuraRX, i wouldn't mind at all. I had a 3.41 gpa (3.1 science/math, though), I had a 97% on the pcat (although..that's not how UNC looks at it..because they're weird...haha so since they add up the percentile scores for the five sections, I had a 467 on their scale). I do a lot of community service and I've only volunteered one summer in a hospital pharmacy.

I am an undergrad at UNC, but I'm only a sophomore. I won't be graduating before pharm school (which is fine by me!). I'm ready to get on the road towards that PharmD!

Good luck everyone! I'd love nothing more than to have you guys as classmates :).

Congratulations, CarrolR! I am so happy, your dream has come true. I am still waiting for the decision.

I also found out that I got into UNC last Wednesday! I interviewed on December 15th. I'm ecstatic!

Could those of you accepted post your stats for the rest of us? I know some people already have (thanks!).

Come on....no wammy's...Stop!!! With an acceptance letter from UNC at my house tomorrow.

:scared:

hey everyone, i interviewed back in december.. but i have yet not heard from them yet! i am very anxious... am i the only december candidate that has yet not heard from them?

No letter in my mailbox today :(

I just got my acceptance to UNC! I am out-of-state, and interviewed on Jan. 12.

Stats:
Overall GPA - 3.97
Pre-req GPA - 3.91
PCAT - 98% composite
No previous pharmacy experience

Good luck to everyone!

YAYYY!!! vtstargazer9! Congrats! Are you going to UNC?

Thanks!! Most likely I will be going to UNC. I only applied to one other school (Shenandoah), but I actually haven't heard from them yet.

You're welcome! :)

Very exciting. That's cool. Well, if you do ultimately decide to go to UNC, let me know. We'll be classmates :D!

You're welcome! :)

Very exciting. That's cool. Well, if you do ultimately decide to go to UNC, let me know. We'll be classmates :D!

Oh SNapp!!!!! Don't worry about it! Chapel Hill isn't ready for this guy!!!!!

:D :D

Did not get anything today. I am in North Carolina, not too far from Chapel Hill.

Just got my acceptance letter today in the state of KY. Same date as CarrollR's letter.

Looks like we are going to be classmates next year!

You're giving up on Michigan!?