UNC Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlsripathy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
If you or anybody you know go/goes to UNC Dental School, please let me know what the class schedule is like during the 1st year. Do you have any free time? What about holidays?
I will be attending UNC Dental School next year, and it would be great to have an idea of what my study schedule will be like. I have a baby girl, and need to plan ahead so I can get to enjoy my free time with her. Also, I need to make daycare arrangements for her so I can go back to school.
Thank you for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi and welcome to UNC.

I am a third year right now, but can give you some very good insight about your schedule etc the first year. Feel free to PM me (its finals right now and I still have 4 more to go so I may not respond right away) and I will get back as soon as I can.

You will have 7 classes in the fall of your first year:

1 - Social and Ethical Issues in Dental Practice
2 - Epidemiology and Prevention I
3 - Gross Anatomy
4 - Biochemistry
5 - Microscopic Anatomy
6 - Dental Anatomy
7 - Dental Materials Science

That first fall is kinda cool because you sometimes get off early on Friday, but usually you will be in class or a lab 8-5 Monday thru Friday. Then you get to go home and do whatever studying is needed (depends on the person). You do get holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas off as well as some other stuff like spring break.

Hope that helps!

grtuck