SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UNC Supplemental

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by TarheelKid24, Jun 19, 2008.

1. TarheelKid24

TarheelKid24 2+ Year Member

Jun 10, 2008
    Chapel Hill, NC
    On UNC's supplemental application it asks to list all other dental schools to which I am applying. Should I list out ALL the schools I am applying to or will this look "bad" to them that I am applying to more than just a few?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Andrew324

Andrew324 7+ Year Member

May 22, 2008
    Great Question, Im not sure you can hide it though, can you? I thought they might know this already...
  4. UCSF2012

UCSF2012 Tooth Rehab Student 2+ Year Member

Nov 28, 2007
    They just wanna know where they rank in your list. No one likes to be a backup school. Listing the relatively unknown schools could help you out a bit.
  5. PSU SHC 414

PSU SHC 414 7+ Year Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I also had a minor question about the UNC supplemental...

on the Academic Info page, they ask you to select your "Current year in higher education". Here are the choices (in this order):

Post-Fourth Year
    Graduate Study
    Post Graduate

For people still in college, this is easy. I graduated a year and a half ago, so what would I choose? The most logical choice seems like "Post Graduate" but based on the order in which it's listed, it seems like "Post Graduate" = post graduate school. So would I be considered "Post-Fourth Year"?
  6. sarah_bellum

sarah_bellum ^ ban pls. Dentist 10+ Year Member

Mar 10, 2006
    I did post-bac work and listed myself as post-fourth year.

Definitely list all your schools - I think it's always a good idea to answer each question truthfully. I applied to 13 or 14, and I listed them all. It never came up.