UNC waitlist??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NCToothDr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats to all of you who got into UNC today and in December. I, unfortunately, never got that wonderful phone call. So I decided to call for myself to confirm that they were done :( And they were. I spoke to Terry in Admissions. I asked if they had a waitlist. She said the letters would be mailed soon if you were waitlisted. I decided to ask if I was on it - why not, right? And I was ;) I guess that's better than nothing.

So for anyone whose been waitlisted at UNC....is it ranked? How does it work??? Do I even have a prayer? I know it's probably a long shot. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You asked and she told you? No fair, when I asked if I was on it she told me the list wasn't out yet. I know someone who got in off the waitlist a week before classes started.

You asked and she told you? No fair, when I asked if I was on it she told me the list wasn't out yet. I know someone who got in off the waitlist a week before classes started.

I called around 1:30 EST this afternoon. But I know they called the applicants this morning. So, maybe the waitlist really was not out until this afternoon. ???

do you know how many people get off the waitlist to actually be part of the class? how far do they go down the list? probably not too far. unc is a great school