Unc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMORYswim

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
in case any of yall are interested, I called UNC today to check on some things, and asked when they will be making calls for the second round of admissions and the women in the academic affairs office told me they hoped to call people starting tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. good luck to anyone that is waiting for a call from them!

Members don't see this ad.

EMORYswim said:
in case any of yall are interested, I called UNC today to check on some things, and asked when they will be making calls for the second round of admissions and the women in the academic affairs office told me they hoped to call people starting tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon. good luck to anyone that is waiting for a call from them!

Would that include people who just interviewed in January? :thumbup:

This is a little suprising since they list NEXT wednesday as the date for their ADCOM meeting. Maybe they pushed it up a week? Talk about your instant anxiety! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Whoever it was to call and be told that I believe, however I have called before and gotten a different answer than what they just told someone else. Just thought I'd verify it before I checked my voicemail 98 times this afternoon......

dmd2be said:
Whoever it was to call and be told that I believe, however I have called before and gotten a different answer than what they just told someone else. Just thought I'd verify it before I checked my voicemail 98 times this afternoon......

Hi,
what did they tell you? I hope it is this week because I cant wait much longer.

the admissions committee is definitely meeting today...since 8AM...if anyone hears from them, please post

Interesting, I called to ask, but they were in a meeting until after 1 I was told. Guess that was the meeting......

dmd2be said:
Interesting, I called to ask, but they were in a meeting until after 1 I was told. Guess that was the meeting......

maybe they are not going to call anyone until tomorrow... a meeting from 8-1.. wow.. the suspense is killing me. :scared:

so no one got a call? I wonder if they are going to continue the meeting tomorrow. The suspense is killing me also.

Good luck all.

I called. They said that they will be notifying those who were accepted on Thursday and Friday. I think I need a drink! :thumbup:

The Godfather said:
I called. They said that they will be notifying those who were accepted on Thursday and Friday. I think I need a drink! :thumbup:

tight, im still in the game!

Lol, make that drink a double...Any out of state applicants waiting to hear as well??

Members don't see this ad :)
dmd2be said:
Lol, make that drink a double...Any out of state applicants waiting to hear as well??

yeah, i am from michigan. im not sure how much you know, but the first round they accepted 16 out of state applicants. so depending on how many accept the offer, they may not accept any more. luckily, the women in the admission office that i spoke to said that they did not expect that many, if any at all, of the out of staters would accept the offer, lets hope that she was right!

today is the big day... :eek: ..good luck

Chapel Hill is making calls... got mine this morning. Good luck everyone!

can someone let me know if they hear that chapel hill has called everyone .. good luck

Ditto, let me know as well..

Got the call this morning around 11:00! Good Luck to everyone !!! :thumbup:

I got a call this morning too.

Congrads to all that were accepted and those who received interviews! UNC is an awesome school!!! My first year is going well and I cannot wait to see you all next year!

cdwhite said:
Congrads to all that were accepted and those who received interviews! UNC is an awesome school!!! My first year is going well and I cannot wait to see you all next year!

I wouldn't trust anything this CDWhite says. He is not doing very well at all. Plus he takes so long to finish his tests even when they are SOOOO easy. :smuggrin:

Oh yea, congrats to all.

anyone find out if they are still going to call tomorrow?

congrats to those who were accepted and good luck to those who didnt hear yet

ranark said:
anyone find out if they are still going to call tomorrow?

congrats to those who were accepted and good luck to those who didnt hear yet

I called yesterday ~4pm, they will still be making calls on Friday for those who are still waiting.

The UNC website says letters are sent out to the second group (I guess everyone who interviewed January 8th or those not previously accepted) of accepted/alternates Feb 9th, 2005 (http://www.dent.unc.edu/academic/programs/dds/timeline.cfm ) Is this true or have people heard already acceptance or rejections who interviewed as late as January 8th.
Thanks

Dukie said:
I got a call this morning too.

Joeybag said:
The UNC website says letters are sent out to the second group (I guess everyone who interviewed January 8th or those not previously accepted) of accepted/alternates Feb 9th, 2005 (http://www.dent.unc.edu/academic/programs/dds/timeline.cfm ) Is this true or have people heard already acceptance or rejections who interviewed as late as January 8th.
Thanks

I interviewed on 1/8 and heard at the end of the month.