UNC's Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charmstot

A reality for the world
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question if for current UNC students. I was looking over the electronic syllabus and notice that each week the schedule is different. Is this confusing for the students?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!
I will also be starting at UNC this August, and have the same question about their schedule.
Have they mailed you anything yet?
I still have not received any info on scholarships and aid. However, I have filled out my online FAFSA.
Hope to keep in touch with you!
Take care!

mlsripathy said:
Hi!
I will also be starting at UNC this August, and have the same question about their schedule.
Have they mailed you anything yet?
I still have not received any info on scholarships and aid. However, I have filled out my online FAFSA.
Hope to keep in touch with you!
Take care!
I have not heard anything. Of course, I have not filled out the FAFSA yet. Look forward to meeting you.

Members don't see this ad :)
charmstot said:
This question if for current UNC students. I was looking over the electronic syllabus and notice that each week the schedule is different. Is this confusing for the students?

No it's not really confusing. You just look at where you need to be for the day or week.

I think most school's are like that. At UT it's a mess what courses we have when.

Anyone know how many spots are left at UNC as of the deposit deadline? Keep wishing me luck.. :)

ranark said:
Anyone know how many spots are left at UNC as of the deposit deadline? Keep wishing me luck.. :)

Ranark - As a member of the admissions committee at UNC I can say this: over half the class was filled in December (including most non-resident seats) with the remainder of seats for residents to be awarded after the committee meets next Wednesday. As far as specific numbers regarding those who did not make a deposit after being accepted, I don't know exact numbers. But I do know that typically 95%-ish or more that are extended an acceptance take it. The process can slowly roll up until summer (like at any other school) with wait-listers, though. Hope you get good news next week if not already.

And in response to the original question, the electronic syllabus is actually very nice, straightforward, easy to keep track of classes/etc., and usually even accurate.

I wouldn't mind staying in the lab past midnight everyday of the week if I was a student at UNC. You are so lucky to know you are already in. Hopefully I can see you there. Good luck.

AbdelSalam

charmstot said:

Anyone else anxiously waiting for the good or bad news next week? Last night I had a dream that I was rejected, and I woke up quite upset to say the least. I cant imagine going to school anywhere else. Good luck to everyone. :thumbup: