Undated LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pablo213

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an email from a school notifying me that a number of my LORs don't have dates. I know this is a somewhat common issue, but how do I go about rectifying it? If I have the writers re-upload to Interfolio and send them to AMCAS again, is there anything else I have to do? What about schools whose secondaries I already completed?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This is actually the exact same issue I'm having. WashU emailed me about this as well. I don't think it's a big deal, just contact your letter writer and they'll make the change.

However, for those of you who have been in the admissions process longer, would a school ever choose not to review a letter because it was undated AND not notify the candidate? I've sent the same undated letter of rec to multiple other schools and on their portal, it says my application is already complete. I'm assuming that means they have reviewed my material and verified it is all fine. On the other hand, for WashU for example, my portal still says not processed, I'm guessing bc of the letter. @Mr.Smile12

Reactions: 1 users
In their email, what are they asking you to do? I really don't like that some burden is placed on you to make this adjustment.

Follow their call to action: Did they tell you which references need to date their letters?
Yeah, they told me which letters were missing the date and that they wanted them resubmitted through email or AMCAS letter service, which I have done. I'm just concerned about how this will affect other schools that I already submitted secondaries to. Would they get the updated letters with dates if I resent them with interfolio?

Last edited:
I'm completely out of slots on AMCAS, so would be great to know. I'm shocked interfolio didn't check for this, for the amount we pay.

You can ask them to reupload to the same Interfolio link. It doesn't require another slot.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, they told me which letters were missing the date and that they wanted them resubmitted through email or AMCAS letter service, which I have done. I'm just concerned about how this will affect other schools that I already submitted secondaries to. Would they get the updated letters with dates if I resent them with interfolio?
I would check interfolio, but I would suspect that the other schools would get a notification of a revision of the letter...

You can ask them to reupload to the same Interfolio link. It doesn't require another slot.
So what you're saying is I get an updated letter on Interfolio and re-upload to the same slot on AMCAS? and the letter will be replaced in AMCAS?

So what you're saying is I get an updated letter on Interfolio and re-upload to the same slot on AMCAS? and the letter will be replaced in AMCAS?
I was reading past threads and apparently the new letters are like appended to the original letter and are sent again, so schools are able to see both variants. We'll see if it works, still waiting on one of my writers to reupload.

I was reading past threads and apparently the new letters are like appended to the original letter and are sent again, so schools are able to see both variants. We'll see if it works, still waiting on one of my writers to reupload.
Got it, well at least it's better than nothing I suppose.