Undecided: UMD or USC for MPH

Started by al99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

al99

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I got accepted into UMD for public health/policy and USC (Southern California) for public health with a concentration in global health (accelerated program). If I attend UMD I will receive in-state tuition, however, my advisors were telling me it makes more sense to attend USC since I'm planning on moving to LA and I can build a network there. Any help would be appreciated!
 
The Trojan family is very strong throughout California, particularly in LA. I can see why your advisor told you that it makes more sense to go to USC because of that. However, it's really up to you to decide whether a stronger alumni network is worth paying more.