under review forever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Munchy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If schools have you under review for a long time, is that an inevitable rejection?

I have schools that put me under review since mid September...sigh

It'd be better if they just reject me flat out so I don't waste my energy checking aadsas every minute of the day.

Members don't see this ad.

That actually seems normal. Mid september was only like 6 weeks ago. The process takes a lot of time and no response by now does NOT mean rejection.

Just be patient. I actually got over the habit of constantly checking AADSAS and once in a while I randomly get an interview invite by email :).. before aadsas even updates it.

I know you pain man, my AADSAS hasn't changed in forever :scared: always under review

Members don't see this ad :)
have been under review at VCU for 3 months (as of 8/5)...:sleep:

i was under review somewhere since sept too, but just got an interview (pre-dec, nov 23). they were waiting on my transcript, so maybe call if you haven't already to check the status of your app. but still, it's definitely not too late. i actually think that's pretty common

I agree, I am in the same boat for like 6 schools on aadsas. Just keep your head up and don't let it get to you. Many of us are in the same situation, so just know you aren't alone by any means. We have plenty of time to hear back from these schools.

do u think it would look ok to call a school and check up one's application status, or would it look like you are being tooo persistant?

do u think it would look ok to call a school and check up one's application status, or would it look like you are being tooo persistant?

i think it'd be best if you tried to limit your calls to the admissions office. they get a lot of phone calls from concerned applicants already and usually the people who answer aren't the ones to determine whether you get an interview or not. they're merely the messenger...their response might always be the same "still under review"

but unless you have a real concern regarding missing documents or confused about something, I dont' think they wouldn't mind clarifying/helping you out.

good luck! hang in there!