Undergo a DPT program with a 3yr Bachelor degree- is it possible?

Started by NoBlink
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NoBlink

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am receiving my bachelor degree in Europe this year. It is a 3yr program in the Bologna system. My bachelor doesn't cover all prerequisites for a DPT program. Could I apply for all prerequisites here and will my bachelor be recognized in order to apply for a DPT program in the U.S.?

P.S. I tried to apply for prerequisites in the U.S. but I can't apply for a student visa if I want to go there as a non-degree seeking student.

If anyone could help I would be so grateful!
 
I am receiving my bachelor degree in Europe this year. It is a 3yr program in the Bologna system. My bachelor doesn't cover all prerequisites for a DPT program. Could I apply for all prerequisites here and will my bachelor be recognized in order to apply for a DPT program in the U.S.?

P.S. I tried to apply for prerequisites in the U.S. but I can't apply for a student visa if I want to go there as a non-degree seeking student.

If anyone could help I would be so grateful!

I would try contacting the schools that you are interested in applying to. If they accept it, then most likely, other schools will.
 
I think the only way to get a student visa is to apply to a bachelor/masters or other degree granting program. While you are in the bachelor/masters program, finish the prerequistes you don't have yet and apply to a DPT program. Once you get accepted to the DPT program, you can withdraw from the bachelor/masters program. Also get your trascripts evaluated, translated, and submitted to the schools to see what you are missing. Then you have to take the TOEFL if you are not a native english speaker. Good luck on this complicated case.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! I am still in Europe taking my prerequisites, got a 110 on the IBT and i'm preparing for the GRE. Are you thinking of any graduate programs in particular when you say that Europe an Australia is where the cutting edge in PT happens? I'd be so curious to check up on some of them. THANKS!!
 
Hey! I am still in Europe taking my prerequisites, got a 110 on the IBT and i'm preparing for the GRE. Are you thinking of any graduate programs in particular when you say that Europe an Australia is where the cutting edge in PT happens? I'd be so curious to check up on some of them. THANKS!!
 
Hey! I am still in Europe taking my prerequisites, got a 110 on the IBT and i'm preparing for the GRE. Are you thinking of any graduate programs in particular when you say that Europe an Australia is where the cutting edge in PT happens? I'd be so curious to check up on some of them. THANKS!!