Undergrad Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChrisM07

Dental Student
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am a Freshman now at Temple and was wondering what things you guys think I should consider getting involved with at school to make my future application to D-schools look better? I would like to start building it up for the future and figured I'd start early...

Thanks,
Chris

Members don't see this ad.

pre-dental club, dental assisting, community service clubs, and take a few sculpture/ art classes!

Really, just do things you're interested in and show that you're involved.

Just participate in shadowing, volunteering, and clubs that deal with dentistry. Also participate in something you really like so you can have something non-dental related that you can talk about at your interview.

I would also recommend getting in touch with temple or upenn dental and see if you can come in and talk to them about shadowing, maybe get a small office job (face recognition) and they can see your work ethic, and shadow in the clinics and preclinics. You can add all these hours to your application. Other activities besides dentistry would be things that you like that show you are interested in other things besides dentistry. Like join a club sport or intramural or mountain bike (wait no mountains east of the rockies...hill biking), or pick a hobby and do what you like along with the dental stuff.