Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do vet schools like to see that applicants have taken animal behavior? And if so, are there certain types of classes that are considered the best for pre-vets? I have a number of options that sound like they might be worthwhile:
- A 100-level class offered through the biology department, which I'm guessing is taken by non-science majors looking for a not-too-heavy class to fulfill their science quota. No pre-reqs. I'm worried this one might be too light and not worth taking, though it could be a good GPA booster.
- A 200-level class offered through the psychology department, seemingly geared towards studying animals to understand humans. No pre-reqs.
- A 300-level class offered through the psychology department, on "evolutionary and mechanistic" understandings of animal behavior. Pre-req: one previous entry-level biology class.
- A 400-level class offered jointly through the biology and psychology departments, covers "physiological and perceptual mechanisms" of animal behavior. Pre-req: first biology class in the bio major sequence, or a 200-level psych class.
Thoughts?
- A 100-level class offered through the biology department, which I'm guessing is taken by non-science majors looking for a not-too-heavy class to fulfill their science quota. No pre-reqs. I'm worried this one might be too light and not worth taking, though it could be a good GPA booster.
- A 200-level class offered through the psychology department, seemingly geared towards studying animals to understand humans. No pre-reqs.
- A 300-level class offered through the psychology department, on "evolutionary and mechanistic" understandings of animal behavior. Pre-req: one previous entry-level biology class.
- A 400-level class offered jointly through the biology and psychology departments, covers "physiological and perceptual mechanisms" of animal behavior. Pre-req: first biology class in the bio major sequence, or a 200-level psych class.
Thoughts?
Last edited: