Undergrad Animal Science at UT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RackingHorse

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a sophomore at MTSU. I am seriously contemplating transferring to UT this coming spring semester. This spring is when I am planning on starting the prerequisites for vet school. My question is, what are the prereq math courses you have to take in order to get into general chem and biology at UT. Here at MTSU you have to have college algebra before you can get into either.
 
I think downloading the course catalog or calling the registrar would be the best avenue to get your question answered correctly. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://catalog.utk.edu/

This is the online catalog for UT.
For vet school, you'll have to take Bio 130 and 140, which don't have any specific math requirements. The general chemistry classes are Chem 120 and 130, which also don't have any specific math requirements.
You can also look here to see which classes count for what at UT:
http://registrar.tennessee.edu/transfer/agreements.shtml#equiv

I was an undergrad Animal Science major at UT, so if you have any other questions, feel free to message me.
 
Last edited:
Well, I did it. I met with an advisor this past Thursday. All my classes that I have taken are going to transfer in, and the advisor told me I probably had a better shot getting into vet school at UT. So, my transcripts are on their way and I am going to submit my application this week.
 
Well, I did it. I met with an advisor this past Thursday. All my classes that I have taken are going to transfer in, and the advisor told me I probably had a better shot getting into vet school at UT. So, my transcripts are on their way and I am going to submit my application this week.

Yay! Good luck Rackinghorse. 🙂
 
Awesome, that sounds like the right move.

If you have any questions about undergrad at UT or Knoxville in general, there are plenty of us here who can help!
 
The first time I applied to UT, which has been about a year and a half ago, I didn't get accepted. The reason being was I didn't have a good high school gpa and I only had like 20 hours of college work. Now, I have 51 hours(67 after this semester) and a 3.7 gpa. Do you think I will have any problem getting in this time. The advisor that I met with the other day said he would be floored if I did't get accepted this time. But, I am just asking you all to settle my nerves. Lol
 
The first time I applied to UT, which has been about a year and a half ago, I didn't get accepted. The reason being was I didn't have a good high school gpa and I only had like 20 hours of college work. Now, I have 51 hours(67 after this semester) and a 3.7 gpa. Do you think I will have any problem getting in this time. The advisor that I met with the other day said he would be floored if I did't get accepted this time. But, I am just asking you all to settle my nerves. Lol

I transferred into UT with a 3.3 GPA, so I figure you'll be fine.