Undergrad Biochem + Genetics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocBR

MS-3
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much overlay general genetics and biochem as an undergrad will have for medical genetics/biochem in med school?

I am currently working 25 hours a week, working in a systematics lab about 20 hours a week, and taking Biochem and genetics. My acceptance to AZCOM is unconditional so my grades for the semester do not matter, infact I do not even need to graduate. So, I am debating what benefit they will have for me next year.

Any insight?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone tell me how much overlay general genetics and biochem as an undergrad will have for medical genetics/biochem in med school?

I am currently working 25 hours a week, working in a systematics lab about 20 hours a week, and taking Biochem and genetics. My acceptance to AZCOM is unconditional so my grades for the semester do not matter, infact I do not even need to graduate. So, I am debating what benefit they will have for me next year.

Any insight?

I have the same type of acceptance and I am trying to decide if I am going to withdrawl from my classes. I am taking biochem and 3 non-sciences...ugghh. I am going to make sure I don't have to pay back any of my scholarships and grants first. Let me know what you find out.

I have not applied to medical school yet, but I will say that Biochemistry is an important part of your first and second years...I would say don't pull out unless you don't believe you will pass. What doesn't kill you...will only make you stronger.. WP