Undergrad Choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KSinger

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok so i didnt know where to post this so i figured here was fine..i am a senior in high school looking to go into the medical field. For a while ive been set on going into physical therapy, so ive done alot of shadowing and internships. Ive already applied to schools, and some of them into the physical therapy programs specifically..Lately however ive been considering doing a pre-med type undergrad and then seeing what i want to do from there..I figure if i still wanna stick with PT at the end of it i can just apply to a grad school from there..but if i wanna go to med school i can apply to that too, instead of doing a 6 year PT program and then having no where to go but PT at the end of it...i still enjoy the PT but i feel as if its somewhat repetitive and i think that med school will allow me to have alot more options in the future..so basically im asking for your input on this..any comments are appreciated

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

well, i have a question, does it really REALLY affect your application if you finished your pre-reqs in a community college?

yeah i understand that im just trying to think whether i should go into the PT or go undergrad in health sciences cuz then i can transfer into PT or med school wen i graduate...im wondering b/c i have the option, i got into Northeastern PT program (as well as other places but thats my #1) and i dont know now if i want to do the PT program or switch into like bio or something..i guess im just asking you guys what you would do if your not certain you want to be a PT