Undergrad gpa vs Grad gpas screening

Started by Wrosenkr
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wrosenkr

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings,

Does anyone know for a fact whether certain schools would screen an applicant based on low undergrad gpa even if there is impressive recent grad school coursework? Is this a question an email to admissions might answer on case by case, or do you think it’s unlikely that any school would willingly admit to screening applicants? I raised my 504 MCAT in 2016 to a 517 this past month and my 3.17 cGPA & ~2.5 sGPA to a 3.75 grad gpa in a masters in biochemistry and molecular biology. I know the student I am now is highly competitive but I’m curious if it’s plausible that I just may not get human eyes on my app because of screening software. (I know there are other elements to an application that impact interviews and acceptances... I’m just wondering if this app will even get seen by human eyes).

I appreciate any input!